If I use the messaging app on your iPad over wi-fi, will I be charged?
Amyi180

when traveling in Europe, if your connected to wifi and use the message app on your ipad, do your incur any charges?  I didn't set up a plan ahead of time for travel abroad, and got to the hotel, logged onto wifi and saw that the messaging app was recieving new texts.

IM afraid to use it because I'm not sure if it will incur fees?  One of my friends that I'm traveling with thought that there wouldn't be any charges since it was wifi and not using data on the phone. 

Does anyone know The answer?  I couldnt find it on the boards.

MAny thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When traveling abroad, if you use the messaging app on your iPad over wifi, do you incur charges for it?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question, Amyi180. As long as you have cellular data turned off and are only on WiFi you should be fine. Were you planning on using iMessage? Also, depending on where you are in Europe, you may have access to Travel Pass. That will allow you to use your device with cellular enabled. Here is more information for you. http://vz.to/1V97Su8

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: When traveling abroad, if you use the messaging app on your iPad over wifi, do you incur charges for it?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question, Amyi180. As long as you have cellular data turned off and are only on WiFi you should be fine. Were you planning on using iMessage? Also, depending on where you are in Europe, you may have access to Travel Pass. That will allow you to use your device with cellular enabled. Here is more information for you. http://vz.to/1V97Su8

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes