Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
Incorrectly Blacklisted iPhone 7 plus
thornother
Enthusiast

I live abroad and recently landed in the US. When I started my phone (US number I only keep home and use with WiFi when out of the country), I had no data. Was able to make calls. Spoke with Verizon who thought the phone had been hacked (don’t know why) so they put some kind of block on it and said to go to a Verizon store. They finally got it to work but then it stopped when I left. Went to Apple, they couldn’t figure it out either. Decided to trade it in for a newer phone but then found out it’s on a blacklist (It’s my phone and I’m the only owner! Never had an issue coming and going from US until three days ago.) went back to Verizon. Spent almost two hours there with tech support trying to figure out why it wasn’t working. Verizon removed the fraud but it’s still on a blacklist and no one knows why. Any ideas how it got there? Perhaps when Verizon first blocked it, it sent that to all other carriers? How do I get it off this list??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Incorrectly Blacklisted iPhone 7 plus
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We know the importance of being able to activate your Apple iPhone 7 Plus. Your situation is unique and we want to find out what can be done on our end. Is your Verizon wireless account still active? What date was the phone removed from the fraud list? 

Sherita_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Incorrectly Blacklisted iPhone 7 plus
thornother
Enthusiast

Hi Sheila. Yes the account is still active. I was at Verizon today and yesterday. First it was removed yesterday (they even switched to a new SIM card) but then it still didn’t work. Tech person had it removed again after trying a while to diagnose the problem today but still didn’t work. Something related to the SIM card and the device. Had to get another new SIM and buy new device. I can’t even trade it in because of the is block on it.

0 Likes