International Travel Preferred Pricing question
Drake94954

I was thinking of adding the $40. "International Travel Preferred Pricing" plan for my upcoming Europe trip but was wondering something. The plan includes 100 talk minutes and 100 texts messages along with unlimited received text messages. Does that mean those can all be used to call and text between Europe and the US, or just within Europe?

Also, if I attach a photo to a text message, does that photo come off the small 100mb data allowance that comes with it?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: International Travel Preferred Pricing question
Weth
Legend

The 100 minutes and 100 texts are anywhere minutes and texts, as long as they are in the list of Verizon 200+ preferred countries, http://www.verizonwireless.com/landingpages/international-travel/

It can be Europe to Europe, Europe to Asia, or Europe to US, any combination, as long as both countries are on the list above.

I am not as sure on your picture question, but from what I could see when travelling, MMS messages did not come out of your data (green balloon), but if you are using iMessage (blue balloon), it will.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

How long are you going to be in Europe?

0 Likes
Drake94954

I'll be there for two weeks. Switzerland first followed by Italy.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Something you might consider is getting a local SIM card to use. It would be like if someone traveled here and got a pre-paid phone account. You'd get a new Europe number and could call taxi, hotel, restaurant etc. etc. and not have to worry about what's using which minutes and what's using which data. It also would more than likely be cheaper and you'd get more. Then you could use data based messaging to both text and call back home.

0 Likes
Drake94954

I though of that, this $40. plan must be new because it wasn't available when I went to Europe last year. For the most part, most of my data will be wi-fi in hotels and Villa. If the 100 minutes and texts are good to call back to the US, then this plan might be easiest for me.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Someone more knowledgeable will come along, but I think those 100 minutes, 100 text and 100mb (or whatever they might be) are for ALL phone calls. If you're using a Verizon SIM card with a US phone number and calling Europe (taxi maybe?) that to me seems long distance and then vise versa to call US.

You could also get on chat and get a quick response. I would just suggest asking multiple times to see if you get different answers.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

The 100 minutes and 100 texts are anywhere minutes and texts, as long as they are in the list of Verizon 200+ preferred countries, http://www.verizonwireless.com/landingpages/international-travel/

It can be Europe to Europe, Europe to Asia, or Europe to US, any combination, as long as both countries are on the list above.

I am not as sure on your picture question, but from what I could see when travelling, MMS messages did not come out of your data (green balloon), but if you are using iMessage (blue balloon), it will.

0 Likes
Drake94954

Thanks, that helps! I'll also be using iMessage but from what I remember it only works while using wi-fi. I'll try saving any photo's and data use for when it's available.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

iMessage will work with wifi or cellular data. If you are not on wifi, it will come out of the 100 MB cellular data.

0 Likes
Drohr

Wife and I both have International plan for Europe trip next week. If I desire to be available for a phone call or iMessage can I do that most economically by turning off roaming and keep cellular data on? Do I understand that if I turn off cellular data I will only get texts while in a wifi location

0 Likes