International Travel
kathy785

When traveling abroad the directions for Travel Pass says to text TRAVEL to 4004.  Do I need to do this the day I leave, every day I am gone, or what?   Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: International Travel
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there! I hope you are having great day so far! You have reached the right place for answers to all of your traveling questions.

When you arrive in a TravelPass country and turn on your device, you'll receive an international welcome text message. Your 24-hour access to TravelPass won't begin until you make a phone call, send a text or use data, including background data. When you begin a session, you will be able to call, text, and use data without limit, but your data will be much slower than you are used to because you are not using the Verizon Network.

Within 2 hours of triggering TravelPass, you'll receive a text message letting you know when your 24-hour session will end. If you continue to use your device after the 24-hour session, you'll be charged another daily fee and get another 24-hour session.

You will want to stop using your device before your 24-hour session ends to avoid being charged for another daily fee for TravelPass. We also recommend turning off your device roaming setting or placing the device in Airplane Mode to prevent accidental charges. You won't be charged again until the next time you use your device internationally.

Keep in mind that when you are traveling you are no longer on the Verizon network. You might not have the same quality of network that you have here in the US, so try to be patient with the international networks.

I also want to remind you that you will need to fully power down your phone each time you arrive in a new place so the phone can do a force connect to the local network. This will not happen by taking your device out of airplane mode. Please also make sure that you have your roaming settings turned “on” for voice and data. You can check this by going to settings> cellular data options. I have emailed you all the dialing instructions for each place you are visiting and we are here on Facebook for support 24/7 if you need any assistance.

Here is a link with more information on TravelPass: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/travelpass-faqs/

Does this help? Please let me know if you have any questions!