Iphone 4 Activation
Schecter1988

I recently purchased a used IPhone 4 at a Gamestop to replace my other phone that was not working. After hours of tech support, we could not get the phone activated.

I live in Alaska where there are no Verizon voice towers (we work off of an extended network). When dialing *228, I'm just taken to a local phone company. My question is - is it impossible to activate a Verizon phone in Alaska?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 4 Activation
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Alaska is still on the extended voice network for Verizon Wireless. So no you can't activate a 3G only smartphone designed for Verizon Wireless on the partner carrier's network using *228.

Did you try activating through iTunes?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
craighimself

Seriously Verizon!!   I just got an iPhone 5s in the box brand new, in Alaska and there is no way to activate it..

No Itunes

No WiFI

No Cell

Even in Anchorage where ACS has a LTE network that an activated phone may use very nicely the only solution is ship your phone down south to get it activated. This is absurd, I have had iPhones with cingular ATT and Verizon and have activated all of them in all parts of the world including Nicaragua using ITunes.

Verizon needs to manage their business a little better and know this is a major major problem!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

craighimself wrote:

Seriously Verizon!!   I just got an iPhone 5s in the box brand new, in Alaska and there is no way to activate it..

No Itunes

No WiFI

No Cell

Even in Anchorage where ACS has a LTE network that an activated phone may use very nicely the only solution is ship your phone down south to get it activated. This is absurd, I have had iPhones with cingular ATT and Verizon and have activated all of them in all parts of the world including Nicaragua using ITunes.

Verizon needs to manage their business a little better and know this is a major major problem!

Verizon Wireless still doesn't have a native voice network there. I would suspect that is why the iPhone won't activate. From what I understand, only 4G LTE broadband devices can be activated on the Verizon Wireless network in Alaska.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes