Iphone 4 sending duplicate messages while I am on a call
lizzstapleton

If I am texting someone and I make or receive a phone call the person I was texting will receive old texts over and over. The person i am texting knows when I am on a phone call because they become flooded with texts from our earlier conversations. How do I fix this and why does it happen. It started a few days ago.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 4 sending duplicate messages while I am on a call
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there lizzstapleton! That does not sound like fun! I am able to confirm that that this is not a known issue with the iPhone 4. Does this happen with the same user or everyone that you text? Have you tried to backup and restore your device? Let's try that first, here is how: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

Let us know how it goes!

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
efd430

I have the same problem with my Iphone4 reading the iphone forums this is a common problem

0 Likes
pp74

I have had the same problem from more than two of my contacts. Plus one of my contacts said I was re-sending an old message over and over too. Did Verizon find a solution for you yet?

0 Likes
EKG212

I am still having this issue and I put a ticket in, Apple claims that the new iOS 6 should have fixed this, verizon claims it could be a network problem, I still haven't received any information on the status of the ticket or what is to be done but it drives my friends and me crazy, and also sort of freaks me out that I have no idea what my phone is doing or who is receiving what messages.... sort of a privacy issue on top of a general annoyance.

0 Likes