Iphone 4s call waiting problems
dcoxboro

When I am on a call and receive another call, if I fon't accept the new call right away it mutes my current call on my end wher I can't hear anything on the current call.  IT does the same thing if I hit ignore on the incoming call.  Any advice?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 4s call waiting problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello dcoxboro,

Yikes! I'm very sorry to hear that you are having this type of issue. No matter when you are getting a call, your active call should not be effected. I have actually never heard of this happening before. Has this always occured on your device? Is this a recent notice after a software update? Have you attempted to complete a soft reset by removing the batter? Please share details, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
dpphx

Finally...somewhere to talk about this issue!!! If you have never heard of this issue, then give me a call. Everyone I know who has a verizon phone (iPhone users, blackberry, droid, and flip phones) are experiencing this call waiting issue every few days. It all began about two months ago. Essentially, if you are on a call, and another call beeps in on the call waiting, it drops the first call...or as dcoxboro stated, sort of mutes the call so that you cannot hear or say anything...forcing you to hangup altogether.

As someone in business who receives over 100 calls a day, I naturally get calls while I am on the phone. The frustration with dropping dozens of calls during the day is unbearable. Worse, no one at Verizon seems to acknowledge it nor know how to fix it!!! Some of my employees have gone to the stores, where they have tried everything from new phones to new sim cards to updates.....but the problem persists. What's interesting is it is prevalent for a day or two...then is a non-issue for a few days. But when it hits, everyone experiences it. Glad everyone is paying $140/month for this horrible service.

0 Likes
dcoxboro

Unfortunately the problem persisted and I am also in a business where I am on my phone all day and get numerous call together. It was everything I could do to not throw my phone out of the window. I had no choice but to get a new phone since Verizon had no answers nor was Willing to do anything. I got an iPhone 5 and it works fine.

0 Likes
bjfst111

We are experiencing the exact same problem with iPhone 5, Samsung GS3, and Samsung Convoy (standard flip phone).  It only happens to about 6 of my users (out of about 40).  It does not happen every time a 2nd call comes in but it does seem to be getting worse and worse.

Verizon Wireless Business Services technician told me that when it happens, hang up, dial 888# and press send.  This will flag the call record so that they can find the call before the flag and research it in more detail.

0 Likes
dcoxboro

It has started happening to me on my iphone 5 the past 2 days

<< Signature removed >>

Please remove signature when replying via email.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks everyone for bringing this issue to our attention. If this is happening with more than one device, our network team would need to further investigate the cause of the drops. Does the phone say call failed or call lost when this happens? Do you notice it only happening in specific areas? As bjfst111 mentioned, we'll need specific examples of when this happened. I would suggest dialing ### send after the call. This isn't an actual call, but just a marker so we know to review the call record just before that. After you have about 4-5 examples, we can submit a trouble ticket to our network team. You can either send me a direct message with your mobile number or reach out to our technical support at 800-922-0204 option 3.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes