Iphone 5 Searching...
NL1022

I attempted to install a network extender and have still been unable to do it.  Now my IPhone 5 is stuck on "Searching"....  I've tried powering it off and on, resetting network settings, and nothing seems to be working.  Can someone please help??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 5 Searching...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
NL 1022,

Lets work together to get that network extender working. What issues are you having with the unit itself? What color lights are showing on it? Are you having any issues with your home internet?

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
TheNatural
Contributor - Level 1

This is quite a known issue in other outside forums. I would recommend restoring your iPhone via iTunes and setting it up as a new iPhone and see if anything changes. If not, you can first put the phone in airplane mode and then restart it....then turn airplane mode off. You can also remove and re-insert your SIM card if not already. Sometimes a new SIM card can work as well. If all of the above fails, you may need a warranty replacement. Good luck!

0 Likes
bjoemorris

MY wife's phone started the same issue, yesterday evening.  I have attempted everything that has been recommended: soft reboot, hard reboot, reset network, remove and put back the SIM card, etc.  all to no avail.  I attempted to restore the phone OS via iTunes and after about 20-30 minutes, the iPhone restarts by itself.  Any ideas, short of going to the Apple or VZW store?

0 Likes
TheNatural
Contributor - Level 1

Your issue is with the device at this point, no other form of troubleshooting is going to fix it. You can call VZW tech support and ask for a replacement or stop by an Apple store if within your 1 yr. warranty and Apple can replace the phone as well. Sorry...... Smiley Sad

0 Likes