Iphone 5 ring
Penny801

I jsut got my iphone5, but it does not ring or alert me that I have a tx messages. What am I doing wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 5 ring
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

Reply back of still having problem

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

jondal wrote:

Reply back of still having problem

Was there suggestion for the OP to try in your post?  I certainly don't see one to justify a "Reply back".

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Penny801 wrote:

I jsut got my iphone5, but it does not ring or alert me that I have a tx messages. What am I doing wrong?

Do you have the mute button on?  It is above the volume buttons.  For that matter, have you verified your volume is turned up?  What other troubleshooting steps have you tried?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

I was gonna try to help you but never mind

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

jondal wrote:

I was gonna try to help you but never mind

Then please start writing posts that make sense.  Also I'm not the original poster so I don't need help.

0 Likes
Penny801

The phone is not on mute or silent.. Just does not ring

0 Likes
akdisney
Enthusiast - Level 3

You need to look at your settings.

find apps say settings push on it

next find sounds push on it

see you have a sound tone is set on?

push arrow part pick a tone.

check on that.

0 Likes
Meadowlark16

1) if all of your internal settings are right (no settings for do not disturb, ringtones selected and turned on, etc) it might be a hard ware issue.

2) If you look at the left side of the iPhone 5, you will see an indentation with a thin switch, and the two round volume buttons. If that switch is pushed to the back of the phone, an orange line will appear. That puts your phone on silent. Flipped to the front of the phone, it just looks black, and the phone is not on silent. We just realized that this is what happened to ours; it must've gotten flipped while in pocket.

3) The kicker is that when the silent button is on, there is no indication on the screen. No icon with the little bell with a slash through it; nothing to tell you that the phone has actually been put on silent. Not the best innovation. You will see the little slashed bell pop up when you turn the phone onto silent, but then it disappears, giving no clue why your phone that can find answers to all questions in the googleverse won't ring when you get a call.

4)  if none of this helps, hit the mac genius bar. They can fix just about anything.

0 Likes
Meadowlark16

PHONE MUTE:phone mute.jpg

PHONE NOT MUTE:phone not mute1.JPG

0 Likes