Iphone 5S - SIM free
Maggslo

Long story short, I have a line on a verizon account that is not eligible for an upgrade anytime soon. The phone on that line is broken and there was no insurance on the line.

I am going to buy an iPhone 5s through the apple store, but I have a question before I buy it. If I were to buy the unlocked SIM-free (which requires a GSM-compatible SIM) would I be able to activate it and get a Verizon SIM card through the store? Would this be any extra charge?

Thanks in advance. 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 5S - SIM free
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Maggslo, Yikes. Sorry to hear about the state of your current device. I would be very lost with out my cell phone. You would always be able to take the device into any of our Verizon Wireless Corporate Store locations and get a new sim card for free. You can always locate the nearest corporate store location by following this link: http://bit.ly/3SdsA

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Buddairtouch
Enthusiast - Level 1

Along a similar line of thought I purchased  sim cardless iphone 5s so that I could apply a newly purhased FlirOne IR attachment. I did not need to upgrade my phone at the time so no line was needed.

When I want to add a device can I acquire a sim card for this device and transfer one of my lines to it or perhaps add it as another line?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Buddairtouch

Great question! When you are ready, you will be able to walk into a Verizon store and receive a sim card at no charge.

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes