Iphone 5S email issues
CHRWES79

A couple of days ago i put my iphone 5s on the charger and went for a walk.  Everything worked fine.  When I came back I grabbed my phone and it kept asking me to sign in and password information for everything I had no issues with before; facebook, email, icloud, all apps.  I could still make phone calls and received text messages.  At first I thought I had been hacked but it doesn't appear so.  I accessed everything on my desktop and changed all of my passwords.  I went back onto my iphone and entered the new passwords for facebook and other apps and it appeared to be working.  I had additional problems with my email as I had to re-enter my password for my windstream email to work.  I can receive emails but I get errors sending emails.  Everything works fine through my desktop and I confirmed the configuration setup on my iphone for incoming and outgoing servers.  Has anyone else had this happen to them recently and how can I fix my email issues?  Do I just need to delete my email account and add it again?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Iphone 5S email issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my email to keep me connected and definitely want to ensure you have a good working email as well, CHRWES79. We're glad to hear everything else is working properly. Let's take a closer look into this. Please remove your email account and set it up as new again, http://spr.ly/6581DcxiJ.

Danielle_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my email to keep me connected and definitely want to ensure you have a good working email as well, CHRWES79. We're glad to hear everything else is working properly. Let's take a closer look into this. Please remove your email account and set it up as new again, http://spr.ly/6581DcxiJ.

Danielle_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CHRWES79

No sorry tried this and didn't work.  I can receive mail but receive an error "Cannot Send Email, The user name or passord for ####.net is incorrect.

0 Likes
CHRWES79

Ok I closed out email app and restarted and it looks like it may have worked this time.  Thx for the help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CHRWES79 We appreciate the update. I want to make sure that everything is working correctly for you. Is there anything else we can help you with?

Evelyn_VZW

0 Likes
CHRWES79

The only other issue that has started is before I could log off of facebook and login back in without having to input my password again.  Not everytime I log off I have to input my password.  Is this a new security feature or is there a way for my phone to remember my password?

0 Likes