Iphone 6 - non-vzw device
cpuser

I signed up for Verizon a little over a month ago. Yesterday I experienced few dropped calls on my IPhone 6. I went online to check and noticed that there is a notification in my online account describing that I am using a "non-vzw" device. It isn't happening with another iPhone on the same plan. I called VZ customer service but was transferred to AppleCare. Wasted almost two hours of my life waiting for either of the reps and problem is still there. How can I resolve it?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 6 - non-vzw device
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know your time is valuable, cpuser! You should always get the best service from your wireless device.  Did you purchase your phone directly from VZW? Please try powering off and removing SIM card for 30 seconds and then restart.  http://vz.to/1xpCHlo

Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cpuser

I got this phone from Walmart when I signed up for new service. Here is what I have tried so far

1- Turned off Phone, removed sim, turned back on. The phone goes straight to IOS home screen. Does not show any type of activation.

2- I have tried resetting the network settings.

None of above helped.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cpuser,

Thank you so much for those details. When you got the device did you get a new sim card or are you using a sim card that you already had? Are you able to use the phone at all? Can you text or use the internet on the phone? Please provide me with some details.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cpuser

Kevin,

As I mentioned I signed up for a new service a month ago as a new customer so the SIM was inside the phone when I got it. I can make the phone calls, get internet coverage etc.

I noticed this "Non VZW" error but didn't think of it as much until I didn't receive calls from my wife and at least couple of the calls dropped right after I answered with "Call Failed" error.

Before calling customer service last night, I had already tried taking the SIM card out and putting it back in after reading some posts here. Customer service rep made me do the same thing couple of times as well. I believe - In Verizon's system, the IMEI number is coming up something totally different than that my phone is showing.

The weird part is that when I select switch device option in my online Verizon account, I do see two options of IPhone 6 to switch with but its only available to select with new service. When I select the option, "Activate phone which was previously used" as new service, the dropdown shows IPhone 6 twice. But It does not show up when I just want to update. I don't know if it makes sense

That's when I thought, this issue might be related to the non vzw error.

0 Likes