Iphone 6s voicemail notification
smittey5656

I have recently began seeing a voicemail notification on my iphone 6s and will not go away. I have tried every reset option imaginable and even listening to voicemail but there is nothing that will take the notification away. Any Ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Iphone 6s voicemail notification
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have found that sometimes the voicemail indicator gets stuck. To fix it, I have discovered if you call your phone number from another phone and leave a quick message. Then I access the voicemail from my phone and delete the message I just left. The voicemail indicator will then clear up. Granted this is the methods I used on the basic voicemail system so your mileage with the Apple Visual Voicemail might vary.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets look into this to see what's going on.  Have you checked to make sure all messages are reviewed and deleted?

MatthewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
smittey5656

Yes I have

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's continue to troubleshoot and get this resolved or you smittey5656. Did you make any recent changes to the device when this started? Can you try, http://vz.to/22Iip7e Keep us updated.

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
smittey5656

I have not made any changes since this has started and it only happens when i am connected to wifi, disappears when I am using data. I have already reset it several different ways and nothing changes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Smittey5656, I want to thank you for taking the time to complete these steps for us. It does seem odd that it will only appear when you're connected to wi-fi services. While connected to wi-fi, open your Voicemail and scroll to the bottom, tap on Deleted Voicemail, make sure that all the voicemails are listened to in there. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
smittey5656

It suddenly disappeared, I dont know if it will reappear or not.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's great, smittey5656! I'm glad the notification has gone away. Hopefully it will stay gone unless it's an accurate notification. Please do keep us posted if anything changes.

VanessaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
smittey5656

The voicemail notification is back

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's odd, let's get this resolved once and for all. Please follow the steps in question #1 under the "Troubleshooting" to turn your indicator of and then back on: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/voice-mail-faqs/?intcmp=INT-SEA-NON-SE-voicemail-121514-DE-SR... . Please keep us posted with the results.

AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes