Iphone5 texting issue w/non iPhone users
Jesd

Why can't I send texts from my iPhone 5 phone to non-iPhone users?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone5 texting issue w/non iPhone users
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jesd,

Let's see what's causing the problem! Current zip code? When did the issues begin? Please clarify, are you sending receiving messages to iPhone users via iMessage or standard messaging? Do you receive an error message when sending messages to non iPhone users? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Ayani_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tybeau86

have had the exact same problem and i live in st thomas virgin islands. This problem just started a couple days ago, it was workiong fine for months before. i also restarted it and resetted network settings. nothing is working. I try to send text messages to anyone without an iphone it doesnt work, the only texts i can send are imessages to other iphones... everyone else doesnt work. It pops up, "not delivered." please help... zip code 00802

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here for you, tybeau86! Thanks for sharing the details of the service issues you've been having. I couldn't help but notice that you're a St. Thomas resident. Once I got beyond my initial jealousy, I realized that the area you're in is not included in the Verizon Wireless coverage area. In fact, to use any of our services there would be very difficult as we do not appear to have any agreement with any local carrier so even roaming there would be a challenge. If you are a Verizon Wireless customer, please use service in supported areas. You can check our coverage areas with this tool: http://vz.to/TMzFyz

Dion_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Muhpt4

I am also having the same issue. I can't send or receive text messages from non iPhone people. I live in philadelphia and I have tried to reset the network settings. Please help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets make sure those messages go through, Muhpt4! Does this issue happen while your device is on WiFi? Try to turn off WiFi and test it out. Also go to Settings > Messages > Ensure that your mobile number appears under Send & Receive. If it does not, select arrow and check your mobile number. Did text messages ever work from non-iPhone users? Did this issue just start?

I am looking forward to your reply so that I can better assist.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes