Is anyone else having a LONG delay in playing their voicemails, if they play at all on iPhone 4?
lucky4meman

This just started a couple of weeks ago, but my voicemail has been working.  The problem is though, that when I try to play them, it just does a loading symbol around the play button for 5-10 minutes before it even plays.  This happens whether I try to listen right away or wait until later in the day.  I've talked to some other people that have the iPhone 4 and 4s and they have been having the same problem.

Does anyone have a solution or is anyone sharing this problem??  I can't deal with it any longer

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Is anyone else having a LONG delay in playing their voicemails, if they play at all on iPhone 4?
soccerrefwil

I just took my phone back to factory specs and it did not solve the problem. I've been having the same issue for 2 weeks as well.

0 Likes
Re: Is anyone else having a LONG delay in playing their voicemails, if they play at all on iPhone 4?
srl135

Mine has done this a few times over the past few days but as of today, it wont play voicemails at all.  I spoke with a co-worker and he has been having this issue since early february but his will eventually playback his voicemail.. mine, not at all anymore.  Im guessing this has something to do with the Verizon Network.  Anybody hear any fix!?

0 Likes
matte

Mine's been doing this for about a week as well.  I called Verizon Support today and they told me it was a known issue that was nationwide and they are working on it.  I asked about a workaround and all they could tell me was to call your voicemail from a landline and hear your messages that way.  Kind of defeats the purpose of having a cell phone no?

0 Likes
dphurt

I am having the same frustrating issue with two iphone 4 on the verizon network.  anybody heard anything on a timeframe for this?  Also, to call the VM you need a password.  Its been a year plus since I had to enter a password so any idea how to change it as I have no idea what it was.

0 Likes
ljmax

same deal…for a few weeks it takes many minutes to pick up  some voicemails, while others will play readily...

0 Likes
croys

My coworker and I are both having trouble with our iPhones. I have a 4 and she has a 4s. The other gentleman in our office with a 4, is on AT&T, with no trouble. Same frustrating problem, spinning wheel on the voicemail, sometimes they will come through, later. Some messages I get the day after it's been left. I called in to get my voicemail, and the one I tried broke off mid message. VERY FRUSTRATING. I use my phone for work and need to be able to receive messages.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello everyone!

I'm hoping you are no longer having problems with your iPhone visual voice mail.

I can understand how frustrating it is to not be able to access such a great feature on your iPhone.

We did determine  customers not being able  to access Visual Voicemail on their iPhones.

Common errors are "visual voicemail is not available" or it just keeps loading the message. 

(In the meantime, you can still review voicemail messages by dialing *86)

This issue should have been resolved for everyone effective 3/2/12.

Please let me know if you are still having problems with iPhone Visual Voicemail by sending me a direct message.

Thanks for your patience with this.

Tamara H.

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes