Jet pack won’t connect to I pad
WENMIC26

I’ve used a Verizon jet pack for 5 years without problems. Now it won’t connect to iPad Or iPhone.  It constantly asks for password, then connects, then drops, then says password is wrong....Tried removing SIM card and “forget this network”. Neither one fixed it. Took it to the store, it seemed to work there. Does this mean our signal strength is worse? How could this happen?

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Jet pack won’t connect to I pad
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you connect the iPad to the the hotspot generated by the iPhone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
WENMIC26

Seems Phone can’t connect to hotspot on phone. So no, iPad won’t either.

thanks.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A phone won't connect to the hotspot generated by that same phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, Wenmic26, I want to make sure your hotspot gets back up and running properly. You mentioned the iPad and the phone, are we able to test any other device like a laptop? Have we tried to reset the password?

MelissaP_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WENMIC26

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for responding.

None of our devices will connect or stay connected to the jet pack. We get several error messages from

“Can’t connect” “need password” “wrong password” we put in password, no difference. It might connect for a minute or two, then drops.

Also, the screen on the jet pack is wavy and shifts up and down. It shows the up/down arrows that sometimes aren’t moving, and number of devices connected will change erratically from 0 to 1 to 3 and back to 0 within seconds.

It seemed to work at the store in Redmond Oregon and in the car....but not at home. Could our signal be weakened, after 5 years of no problems?

Have not tried changing password. How do I do that?

Thank you,

Wenmic26

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
WENMIC26

Sorry, reread message. We only have phone and 2 iPads, no laptop.

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WENMIC26,

We definitely want to make sure that you're able to use your jetpack as intended. Just to make sure that we're on the same page, your iPad will not connect to your phone's mobile hotspot either? Are other devices able to connect to the phone's hotspot or the Jetpack's hotspot? Is this happening everywhere? Do you have any issues connecting these devices to a regular wifi network? 

JosephT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
WENMIC26

Hi Joseph,

I’m not familiar with how to connect to my phones mobile hot spot. Instructions?

Last night the jet pack was working as it used to.....all devices automatically connected, stayed connected.

This morning its back to no connections.

iPads and phone show the address, it doesn’t automatically connect. When selected, it won’t connect, says it can’t connect. Sometimes asks for password over and over, and still won’t connect.

Jet pack shows connection, 3-4 bars, no devices connected, up/down arrows not flashing.

Thanks for your help.

W.

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
WENMIC26

One and one iPad connect just fine to the network.

W

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes