Keep missing calls on my iPhone 5S, I can't seem to get
kitkatqt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone found a fix for the above issue? Phone definitely not silenced or on mute, no misaligned ringtones.

Incoming calls sometimes go straight to voicemail and if the caller does not leave a message, I have no indication that I even missed a call. No rhyme nor reason to when or where it happens, and I suspect it's happening far more frequently than I know.  I never had this issue with the iPhone 4, 4S or 5 so it could be an LTE issue, but I'm not sure how to determine whether I have a hardware problem versus a wireless signal problem.  Any advice on whether to visit Verizon versus the Apple Store? If I'm losing LTE coverage (I'm often on 1 or 2 bars), shouldn't 3G kick in? Even when I try to take my phone from a wifi hotspot to using cell data again, I have put my phone into airplane mode to get it back to LTE.

Labels (2)
Re: Keep missing calls on my iPhone 5S, I can't seem to get
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello kitkatqt,

I'm sorry you're having issues with the calls on your 5S. We want your device to work great! Have you noticed if you have this problem in one certain location, or is it everywhere? When did the problem begin? Have you tried http://vz.to/OeILJo ?

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

kitkatqt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, tried that. Even replaced the device with a new SIM card to no avail. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kitkatqt,

Gotcha. Sometimes it's not so simple. Let's find out what's causing the trouble and get that working again. Is this an intermittent or persistent problem? Do you have any case on the device? If so, does the problem persist with the case removed? Have you had any trouble with making calls out? What do the callers experience when they call you? Is it going straight to voicemail?

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

kitkatqt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Intermittent most of the time but today it's been constant. No case on device. I can make calls most of the time. It sometimes rings and rings but never gets to voicemail or straight to voicemail according to the people who have been calling me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for your insight. Let's take a look into your coverage area. What zip code are you located in? Does it seem as though you may be able to nail it down to a particular area?

YosefT_VZW

kitkatqt
Enthusiast - Level 2

It happens pretty much everywhere. We can start with 90210 and 90067 to start.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Interesting! Please try dialing *73 [send], from phone. You'll hear a confirmation beep and then the call will disconnect. It could be that a Call Forward feature has been accidentally activated. Please let us know if this helps.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
ElleBee23

This happened to my boyfriend. He accidentally had hit the "do not disturb" button when swiping up.  So anytime his phone was in standby the phone wouldn't ring. Took weeks to figure it out!

0 Likes
kitkatqt
Enthusiast - Level 2

The phone is not in do not disturb/standby mode.

0 Likes