LTE not working on Iphone 8 after using international SIM
RENBON72

I used an international sim card in my brand new Iphone 8 in december.  When I had an Iphone 6 when I returned to the US I was able to delete the VPN config when I put my verizon sim back in and my phone functioned normally. Not so with the 8.  There was no VPN to delete.  I spent many hours at various Verizon locations to no avail.  I then went to the Apple store where they gave me a brand new Iphone 8 which worked normally until we restored my data backup.  I don't want to lose my text messages which only seem to come back if I do a restore.  When I use LTE on the phone now, I cannot use data (unless I'm on Wifi).  When I switch to 3G the phone is functional but the calls drop often & data is slow.  Any suggestions about how to get Verizon to figure out what's going on with my config? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LTE not working on Iphone 8 after using international SIM
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RENBON72, 

We want to make sure you can use your data successfully. Let's find a solution. We need to check your Carrier settings. Please go to Settings>General>About>Carrier. Check out the Apple details http://spr.ly/6581DoIst for additional information.

Jenelle_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: LTE not working on Iphone 8 after using international SIM
RENBON72

My Network is set to Verizon.  I have tried turning roaming on & off but it doesn't make a difference.  I followed your link but do not see how it would help me.  I am in the US & my Verizon is not working correctly.  When I was outside the US, the international sim worked perfectly. 

0 Likes