LTE still Sketchy
Pnhtricey
Contributor - Level 1

My LTE is still sketchy...I have had the network settings reset, a NEW SIM card and a Factory reset where I erased everything from my phone. I can honestly say I give up now. The rep told me today that if there is a a lot of people with LTE service using the towers in an certain area then I won't be able to have the LTE service in that area, or something like that. Funny thing is before my network settings were reset, I used to get LTE inside my work building, it was on 1 bar but I was able to have it.....Now it seems like soon as I enter base, my LTE goes away and goes straight down to 3G and pretty much stays like that until I leave base. So yeah I give up. I never had this much problem when I had my 4S though..... I don't know what's going on with the new iPhones....I bet Steve Jobs is turning in his grave right now.....

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: LTE still Sketchy
muvotx
Contributor - Level 2

LTE coverage is completely non-existant for me in my home in Palo Alto CA.  Furthermore it racks up data usage LIKE CRAZY, 24/7 all hours of the day-night trying to acquire it.  It severely drains my battery, even once I do acquire LTE away from home.  So I just turn it off.  I manually turn it on whenever I need the faster speeds... which is less than 1% of the time, I do all my heavy downloading on a wifi network.

GPS would be one app for me that should benefit from LTE.  It will be interesting to see how it performs with LTE off, and compare data usage of the GPS on and off LTE.  I know the GPS on LTE is a massive data-hog.

0 Likes
Re: LTE still Sketchy
Pnhtricey
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah I have seen people complain about their data usage since being on LTE primarily on the iPhone. Yeah, I just turned it off completely and just going to go off 3G from now on, this is completely ridiculous. Thank God I was able to restore my phone from an iCloud back up so essentially I didn't completely lose everything. Yeah it loads data fast alright but charges an arm and leg for it. doesn't seem like it's really worth it in the end.

0 Likes