Lexus GS350 bluetooth call terminating immediately with voice call
DougMarr

My Iphone 6 is terminating my call when I voice call someone on my lexus GS bluetooth. This did not happen on my 5c.  When I voicecall someone it makes the call then immediately terminates.  Shows up my recent call list.  Frustrating not to be able to voicecall from my car .

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lexus GS350 bluetooth call terminating immediately with voice call
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to see you drive safely, DougMarr. Have you had the opportunity to try to unpair and re-pair the Bluetooth connection with your vehicle? Are you able to place and receive calls when it's not connected to your Lexus? Have you been able to use any other Bluetooth devices on your new iPhone?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

This is a known bug with the new iPhone operating system.   Make sure you upgraded to 8.0.2 ( to 8.1 tomorrow, you might as well wait).  Clear all bluetooth entries in your Lexus.  On phone, go to settings, general, reset, reset network settings.  After phone reboots, you will need to add back wifi so do that.   Now go.  in settings, general and change your iPhone name to something different than the default or you used before ( my iphone 6 workS). Now try reconnecting phone to blue tooth.   We have Lexus and that is what I did to get it to work after researching others with the same problem. 

0 Likes
DougMarr

Thanks so much for your effort to help me with my problem but it did not solve the problem.  Your instructions were pretty detailed and specific and I tried it twice. Anyone else have a fix?  Thanks

0 Likes
DougMarr

JenniferH_VZW

Cleared all of my devices in my car's Bluetooth settings and re-paired. Yes my phone works fine with a couple other devices.  I even tried clearing all bluetooth devices in my phone to make sure there wasn't a conflict of some kind. If I dial a call any other way besides a voicecall the call goes through fine on my car's Bluetooth.  Voice call works fine as long as I am not doing it through Bluetooth.  Like I said earlier, the call initiates fine (shows up as  a recent call) just gets terminated immediately - even before it starts ringing. Thank you for taking the time to offer assistance.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for all you have tried, DougMarr. This may help out as well, depending on the year of your Lexus model, it is possible that its Bluetooth stack is outdated. Have you checked to see if Lexus has an update available for your audio system? This can help improve the connectivity performance of the bluetooth service connection between your phone and your Lexus.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Try the new 8.1 iOS update today, let us know if that works.

0 Likes
DougMarr

Lexus just announced they have an update to the gps system (which I plan on getting), not sure if that is part of the audio system. If an update is available I am sure there is a charge for it. Frustrating since everything worked fine with my iphone 5.  Appreciate your efforts.

0 Likes
DougMarr

Updated the new OS, cleared all of my other Bluetooth devices, reset my network settings, renamed my phone, cleared out all of my lexus connections, still same issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DougMarr,

Thank you so much for providing those details. I was able to review a few options for us. Can you please try:

You'll need to first sign in to iCloud and review your devices:
  • Sign in to iCloud on your iOS devices.
  • On one of your devices, tap Settings > Bluetooth and look under My Devices. You'll see all devices that are connected to Bluetooth, but make sure that you see your Apple devices that are signed in to iCloud and are using iOS 8.
  • Sign out of your iCloud account from any devices that you don't want to use. To sign out of iCloud on an iOS device, tap Settings > iCloud > Sign Out.

Then, remove any inactive devices from iCloud:
  • Sign in to iCloud.com.
  • Select Find My iPhone.
  • Select any devices that aren't active anymore.
  • Wait for Find My iPhone to stop trying to find the inactive device.
  • You should see the option to remove this device from your account. Select it to remove the device.

After following the steps above, restart the device with the issue. Then try to use it with your Bluetooth accessory.

Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes