Lost 4G LTE coverage after traveling abroad
walker404

I have not been able to connect to LTE coverage for over a week now. 3 weeks ago I got an international travel plan to go to the Dominican for a week and after I returned to the US I have not been able to get LTE coverage at all. It is always at 1x or sometimes 3G. I have tried resetting my network settings, removing the SIM card and power cycling it. Nothing has worked. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Lost 4G LTE coverage after traveling abroad
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

You have done quite a bit to resolve this yourself.

I regret seeing the LTE is still not working. We will do all we can do to fix this.

I just sent a Direct Message so I can get more details.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Lost 4G LTE coverage after traveling abroad
JUSMAR90

@walker404 @TamaraH_VZW

I had the same issue and went through all the troubleshooting with Verizon. We toggled all the network settings, turned advanced calling on and off, we turned off wifi and toggled airplane mode on and off twice for 30 seconds each time, we replaced the SIM card, and completely wiped and reset the phone. Nothing worked so they told me my phone needed to be replaced, which I was not happy about.

But I solved the problem myself, and here's the solution. Find a friend who has AT&T or T-Mobile service. Power your phone off --> put the ATT/TM sim card in your phone --> Power the phone up --> You will see that the 4G LTE service on your phone works with ATT/TM --> Power the phone off --> Put your Verizon sim card back in --> Power the phone back on --> Enjoy your Verizon 4G LTE service!

0 Likes