Lost Phones / Horrible Customer Experience / Targeted Promotions
IJK1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let me preface this with I have not been too disappointed during my decade+ with Verizon, but I haven't really had problems.  As someone in sales, I always tell my team, when there is a problem you have the opportunity to create a customer for life or you can frustrate them to the point they will share their bad experience with everyone.

I would appreciate others opinions on navigating the system (or if I should just navigate out as this is a sign).

I have 8 phones in my family, 7 paid for completely and 8th owes $100.  Long of the short, ordered 7 phones all to arrive 11/3/21.  Five of them never arrived and UPS told Verizon they were lost. I accept things happen in the current post-pandemic supply chain.  But this is where it became crazy.  I have spent over 13 hours talking with (or on hold) with customer service and they just "resolved" the issue on 11/17.  The solution was to cancel all of the phones, refund my money and order again.  Aside from the fact that it is RIDICULOUS that I have to continually follow up.  I have to start all over.  Fine.  Move on.

Well in the meantime, my friend received a "targeted promotion" that is $350 better per phone than what I received.  As I am told I need to order new phones, I ask for the better deal.  I am told that "I don't qualify"    So after spending two weeks and countless hours of frustration, I can't get the same deal as my friend because I am not a "target"?   So if I am not a target, does that mean they don't want me as a customer?

At this point, I am still within my 30 days to return the two phones and cancel those contracts.  With Black Friday approaching, I am sure there are other carriers that will want my 8 phones, and YES I realize they have millions of phones so we don't really matter to Verizon.

Just wondering if anyone has had success getting the same deal (he got the deal yesterday) as your friends or if I just need to chalk it up to experience and change carriers.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Lost Phones / Horrible Customer Experience / Targeted Promotions
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there IJK1 and thank you for reaching out to us today. We want to start by saying that we appreciate your loyalty to us over the years and we would never want to see you leave us. While we attempt to offer all of our offers to all customers, there are times where we may have promotions that have certain requirements. Can you share the original promotion that you were to receive? Was your friend buying the same phone?-Candice

0 Likes
IJK1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Candice,

These were for iPhone 13s.  We are both buying the same phones.

We received $300 off per phone in the beginning of November.

I just left the Verizon store and they said its not on my account, but it may show up eventually.

To add insult to injury, I just ran into a friend in the parking lot who got the same $650 promo for iPhone 13 today, literally minutes ago.  That is two other families you are willing to give a better deal to than me.  Instead, Verizon chooses to say, we aren't important to them.  The only requirement we might have is that the promotions team thinks we already signed up for new contracts.

We have been with Verizon since they acquired AirTouch over 13 years ago.  We auto-pay so we are never late.  This was a problem between UPS and Verizon (UPS lost them at their main distribution center and never delivered).  The call center continuously said they would call me back, including supervisors, and never did (with one exception, she was the one who finally fixed everything, she is clearly not in the overseas call center, and she called me back twice.  You need to clone her).

At the end of the day, there is always someone who can say yes.  Someone who will look at this situation and say, this is horrible what we are putting this guy through who is clearly trying to stay with us and is not under contract to do so (still within my 30 days on the two phones I did receive and can cancel).   The question is do you make a customer for life, or turn someone off that they will share that bad experience with everyone.

Thank you for your reply.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important that we are getting you assistance with this right away. Please send us a Private Note. *Gen

0 Likes