Loud, ear piercing beep during phone calls?
JCroz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone else having this issue? During a phone call, it will make a random high to low pitch beep lasting a few seconds...but is incredibly loud. Enough to make my ear ring. Will give no warning, no message, just kind of fade the call and start the beeping going on. I've powered it on and off, Reset it, and took it to the local Verizon store, but they think its an Apple issue. Just curious if anyone else is having the same problem.

Labels (1)
Re: Loud, ear piercing beep during phone calls?
jay012

I have this same issue. Usually it's a high pitch beep/chirp-like sound, similar to the sound of a fax machine. I've experienced this one 2 different phone in several different states. The person on the other end doesn't appear to hear it but it is extremely annoying and hurts my ears especially when I have the volume turned up all the way. It's hard to diagnose because it's random. I've searched around and cannot find a root cause or fix for it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jay012,

I can only imagine how annoying it can be when you phone is beeping as such. It is truly odd to hear that this is happending. I agree with you can be hard to pin point the issue when it is random but that will not stop us. I see you stated that this happens on different devices, what are the different devices you have experienced this with? What are the different states you were in when this happened? Have you noticed when this happens if you are in area with a low service signal?

LindseyT_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Logansdaddy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Was there any conclusion to this problem?

I get the same thing, occasionally, on my Galaxy S6. Doesn't matter what state I'm in, although I'm mostly in Wisconsin and Minnesota.

Jaclyn1204
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Droid Turbo and this problem has just started this week in my phone. It is very loud and earpiercing.  I don't want to make our take calls on my phone because of this problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jacyln1204, we don't want this to be an ongoing problem for you. Have you powered your device off/on since this issue started? Do you have any issues on your phone  when taking calls in speaker mode?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Lc1123

I found this thread searching for an answer as to why my phone does the same thing, it's incredibly annoying! It started about 2 months ago... I have an iPhone6 on the Verizon network, it started shortly after I upgraded from a 4 on the att network, not sure if that has anything to do with it... However, my husband has an iPhone 5 with AT&T and its happens to him now too and my mom said it happened to her once, she has an iPhone 6 on the sprint network and is in an entirely different state. I can't find a common thread other than iPhone, though someone on her mentioned it happened on their droid... Someone really needs to find a way to fix it though. It's an awful noise

0 Likes
WesleyH

Yes, I listed the same problem under, "Loud Fax like noises" 

It has happened 4 times on my less than 6 month old new iPhone 6.  The first three times were late at night and entailed a loud (As though I was on SPEAKER but I was not) Fax / Acoustic modem sound. 

The first three times, it stopped after about 6 to 10 seconds, and the remainder of the call was normal.  Some of the time the charger was plugged in, others it was not.

The last time, the noise continued, the other party was not able to hear me or speak either.  I ultimately had to disconnect the call and redial.

I have not upgraded to iOS 9.0, 9.1 or 9.2.  I will not, update as I have heard too many anecdotal reports of people loosing all their data after updating.

No platatudes about such and such department being aware and researching the problem.  For what I paid and subscribe to your service, I expect MUCH better service.

0 Likes
DANMOR90
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am experience the same issue.  Has there been a solution to this ?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi DANMOR90!

Goodness, I'm so sorry you're experiencing this issue. I know that Apple is working on this, but in the meantime, please try these steps:

1. Turn off Phone Noise Cancellation. Settings > General > Accessibility > Hearing > Phone Noise Cancellation > off
2.Test to see if the audio concern persists.

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes