Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Message+ 2.5.3 DOES NOT WORK on Mac desktop
Moosie2

After upgrading from 2.5.2 to 2.5.3 on OS 10.13.6 (High Sierra), the functionality consisted of a blank white box on the screen. I contacted support and asked if I restarted (DUH). I deleted the program and reinstalled and restarted again. Still nothing, found numerous online complaints about the same issue but Verizon support was "unaware". In addition, the Verizon wireless website wouldn't load texts and kept crashing. When will a functional update be released? I need to access texts via desktop!

Re: Message+ 2.5.3 DOES NOT WORK on Mac desktop
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Being able to manage your messages is important. Currently, I do not see this is a known issue with Messages+. Send a screenshot of any helpful details so we can lift this up to the proper channel. SheritaH_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Message+ 2.5.3 DOES NOT WORK on Mac desktop
jav6
Leader

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Being able to manage your messages is important. Currently, I do not see this is a known issue with Messages+. Send a screenshot of any helpful details so we can lift this up to the proper channel. SheritaH_VZW

You might look at thread https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Verizon-Messages/Re-Message-for-mac-OSX-freezing/m-p/115897....  The Verizon Messaging Team IS aware of an issue and, in fact, have posted a new version (2.5.4) in the App Store.  It, however, apparently does not resolve the issue.  You might contact the VZM Team, email to verizonmessages at verizonwireless dot com to get an update.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...