Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
***Announcement: Welcome to the new Verizon Community! We have merged our Wireless and Fios Communities to bring you the best place to discuss any Verizon product or service, along with all things tech! We have many new features to discuss with you in the coming weeks, but first we want to make sure that all of you who have been active on either of our communities before are able to log in!

Please see the Announcement in the Announcement section under Information Hub.

Message+ for Windows - Installation issue
kwilliams30
Enthusiast

I recently received this notice --- VZW Free Msg: NOTICE - Action required By October 1, 2021. Verizon has detected that you have an older Windows Message+ app on one or more devices that will need to be upgraded. You may no longer have access through your Windows Message+ application after October 1, 2021 and will be required to upgrade to continue using the app. Please click to access the latest version of Message+: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/verizonmessages/9plsfg6pjz50#activetab=pivot:overviewtab

I clicked the link and followed through with the download onto my laptop and desktop.  When finished (either computer), I clicked the "launch" button and got this message:

Message+
 "Start messaging." When I click that, the next window asks for my Device Name and Verizon Wireless number and says "To make sure we have the right number, we'll send a text message to your phone. After entering those and hitting the "submit" button, it sends the code. After entering the code and hitting the "verify" button, a get one of 2 screens :

ERROR!
You have an incompatible version of Message+ on your primary device. Please upgrade your primary device with the latest version of Message+, then try again.

I have the latest version of Message+ on my Iphone from the app store.  The version number is 5.1.0 and is the only version available on the Apple app store.  I have tried deleting and the reinstalling the app, but I still get the same error.

ERROR!
Invalid Pin (I entered the pin sent by VZ as soon as I received it.

What do I need to do install Message+ on my laptop and desktop, both of which run Windows10?

Re: Message+ for Windows - Installation issue
Andy_Schmidt
Enthusiast

Same problem.

I can download to any number of Windows 10 PCs, all with current updates:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/verizonmessages/9plsfg6pjz50?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

It claims to be Version 3.0.0. It will install and launch fine on any Windows 10 PC, it will prompt me for a PIN code, I will receive the 6 digit pin on my iPhone, and enter it correctly.

And on every PC and with every attempt, it will reject the valid PIN code with a message that I need to install the latest version on my "primary device". However, I do HAVE the latest version of the Message+ app re-installed onto my iPhone.

0 Likes