Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Message+ not working on iPad Pro
EAM77

I recently purchased a new iPad Pro 11 and downloaded Messages+. When I try to send a verification pin to my phone, I get an error message, “Error - Not able to generate pin. Try again some time later.” I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app a couple of times.39EDB272-1B3C-496F-A31F-12E3EF7335F9.png

It works on my old version of iPad Pro. Both iPad Pros have the latest version of iOS 14.4. My old iPad Pro has had Message+ for quite some time. On my new iPad Pro 11 Message+ will not send a verification pin to my phone. It keeps giving me the above error message.

Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Message+ not working on iPad Pro
jav6
MVP
MVP

@EAM77 wrote:

I recently purchased a new iPad Pro 11 and downloaded Messages+. When I try to send a verification pin to my phone, I get an error message, “Error - Not able to generate pin. Try again some time later.” I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app a couple of times.

It works on my old version of iPad Pro. Both iPad Pros have the latest version of iOS 14.4. My old iPad Pro has had Message+ for quite some time. On my new iPad Pro 11 Message+ will not send a verification pin to my phone. It keeps giving me the above error message.

Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone have any ideas?

When installing Message+ does it ask for a phone number?  Somehow it has to know your phone's number to send the text to.  Do you have the iPad associated with a line on your account?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
jav6
MVP
MVP

An old thread from 2018 had this post after describing the same error msg generating PIN.  Not sure if it relates to your issue:

jav6_0-1612443808957.png

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
EAM77

Yes, I put in my phone number, it then gives me that error message.

0 Likes
EAM77

I saw that thread. It sounds exactly what’s going on with mine. Did they ever get it fixed?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi EAM77! 

We are here to help, and we want you to be able to enjoy the benefits of Verizon Message+ on your tablet! Let's figure out what's preventing you from verifying. I see that you are currently connected to Wi-Fi and a VPN, if you turn off the VPN and Wi-Fi, and connect through the cellular network, will it allow the PIN to go through? May I ask, how many other devices do you have set up to sync with your Message+? 

Thank you, 

MichelleH_VZW 

0 Likes