Midnight order on Sept 20 for iPhone 5s?
kittybean
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been waiting what seems like forever to upgrade my iPhone 4. Is the 5s going to be available to purchase for upgrade on the VZW website at midnight September 20th? Also, if I order online, when will the phone ship? I'm trying to avoid crowds at my store because it will no doubt be a nightmare but I am tired of waiting for my new phone.

Labels (2)
Re: Midnight order on Sept 20 for iPhone 5s?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm reading that the pre-order will start on the 13th. At least that's what Apple is saying. I'm not sure what plans Verizon Wireless has in place.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kittybean
Enthusiast - Level 2

iPhone 5C will have a pre order of Sept 20. iPhone 5s will NOT preorder at all. Apple is offering it for sale on their website on September 20th but I want to upgrade through Verizon. That is why I am trying to find out if they will offer the upgrade to the 5s on their website at midnight on Sept 20, and if so how long it would take to ship. I won't be able to get to the Verizon store in the morning on the 20th and I know they will all be a madhouse.

0 Likes
kittybean
Enthusiast - Level 2

***EDIT*** I meant to say iPhone 5C will preorder September 13, not September 20th. iPhone 5s will not preorder at all.

0 Likes
kittybean
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone from Verizon want to answer my question? I see customer service reps answering questions posted after mine?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The VZW reps are responding to questions posted at least two days ago. That minimum wait period is to allow the customer users of this peer to peer community forum to get the first chance at answering questions.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Honestly, I highly doubt any large crowds for this release. Besides, since most carriers carry the iPhones now, the crowds are dispersed among many stores now, unlike when only AT&T carried them.

Also, normally, preorders are allowed at 3am local time whenever the date is that the pre ordering begins

0 Likes
kittybean
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks for your post. i live in northern virginia though, so there are always crowds everywhere, no matter where you are. they will most certainly be present at the stores here. also apple has made it clear that the 5C is preordering this year only, not the 5s. otherwise i would be on the computer at 3am EST pre ordering the 5s, but no point if apple isn't allowing it for that device this year. it will be available starting september 20 only which is why i am wondering about verizon's availability and if they will offer it at midnight on the 20th or not. shipping date matters, too. i don't want to wait a week longer for my phone.

0 Likes
JediPy77
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was told that AT&T will be pre-ordering the 5S, and that they had no restrictions placed on them by Apple for pre-ordering. Although I was also told it may not happen exactly on the 13th, and this was from a retail store source, not corporate. Hopefully the same remains true for Verizon. My fiancee's has had her upgrade for a few months now and really wants to upgrade her 4S to the 5S.

The iPhone page on Verizon now says the following:

"Sign up to be reminded when iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s are available for purchase on Verizon.Pre-order begins online September 13 at 3:01 AM EST."

This implies they may pre-order the 5S at the same time, but we'll see.If you click on the below link, and go to the "Why Verizon?" tab, you'll see this.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/device/smartphone/iphone

0 Likes
kittybean
Enthusiast - Level 2

^^^ thank you for the info, that would be good news for us. i have had my upgrade for a while as well, been waiting a while for this phone to come out.

0 Likes