Mixed messages
cg1970

Recently a friend of mine has been getting text that appear to have been sent from me when you look at his phone, yet I did not send that exact same message. I have an iphone and he has some non-iphone with a different provider. (I dont know the details as now this person thinks I am a jerk and sending him text meant for someone else) In any event I want to find out why he would sporadically get random text not being sent from me that is made up partially of an old text and partially of a new text mixed together? HELP!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mixed messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cg1970

This is odd! We don't want text to be sent to the wrong person. Is this only happening with one person or are other receiving the wrong text? Have you recently changed phones? Are you using the native application on your iphone or a 3rd party text messaging application? Please try resetting your network setting on your phone and see if this works. Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.

JorgeO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
cg1970

Its not that the message is being sent to the wrong person. It is that they

are randomly getting a text which is part of a current text and part of a

text from weeks prior merged together as one text?

On Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 11:27 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's make sure we keep the friendship strong with reliable messages, cg1970! Is this only happening with one specific contact? Are you using the native Messaging application? If possible please delete the entire thread that you have with this person and test new messages. I am eager to get this resolved!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
cg1970

It has only happened with this one person. Most of the people I text have

iPhones so we obviously use iMessage. This person does not. I did delete

all prior texts to see if that helps. I just don't get why this would

happen randomly and merge an old text from weeks prior with a text I just

sent. Makes me look like a total jerk to the other person! Smiley Sad

On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 8:00 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <