Mobile hotspot
Ido10nails

Is activating mobile hotspot free

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile hotspot
rcschnoor
Legend

Depends on your plan. Some plans have it included. Some plans there is an additional charge.

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you turn on the mobile hotspot, it will automatically either turn on, which means you already have the service, or it will tell you that you need to activate it. Occasionally your plan does include the hotspot, but it's automatically blocked, so you have to call in or chat with them and they will unblock it.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

MiiHere wrote:

Occasionally your plan does include the hotspot, but it's automatically blocked, so you have to call in or chat with them and they will unblock it.

I don't think this is the case with More Everything. It is ALWAYS included with More Everything and I did not have to call in to have it unblocked. It was already unblocked the first time I attempted to use it on my More Everything plan.Smiley Happy

Older Nationwide and America's Choice plans would have an additional charge to use the hotspot any you may have to call in for these plans.

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Yes, it is included, but the service can occasionally be blocked. Recently my better half changed jobs and needs to use the hotspot, which I knew was included, she just never had. Went to turn it on and it didn't work, so I tried mine and it did. Had a quick chat, sure enough there was a block on it, which the rep couldn't explain and just said "sometimes it happens."

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I should mention, the whole process took about 15 minutes from waiting for a rep, and within a couple minutes of the chat ending, the hot spot worked.

0 Likes