My Iphone 5s has been saying "searching"
loganlancaster

My Iphone 5s has been saying "searching" where the coverage and services are normally located. It has been doing this for about a day. After restarting the phone, I googled it, turned off the airplane mode, reset network settings, did a soft reset until finally I was only left with a hard reset. I proceeded to do that after backing everything up on icloud. After doing that, when I first attempted to set up my iphone again, it said iphone not able to connect to activation servers. I tried it on my home wi-fi and it still do not work so I tried using itunes on my laptop. It still says "searching". Does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix it?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My Iphone 5s has been saying "searching"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

loganlancaster,

I can understand how this is alarming. Has anything changed recently that may have caused this? Did you download any new applications? Are you able to make or receive calls? Anyone else having the same issue?

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DCKathy

I'm having the exact same problem. It says "searching." I tried everything suggested in the Troubleshooting section: Turning the phone on and off, making sure it wasn't in airplane mode, doing a soft reset. I didn't do a hard reset.

I have not changed anything, I have not added any apps. I'm in my home, where I always get coverage. My husband's phone works, and he's on the same data plan.

I can't send or receive calls, and I can't send or receive messages, and I can't access my email from my phone. This has been going on since at least Thursday, and now it's Sunday night.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DCKathy,

Lets make sure your phone is up and running ASAP. It's great to know that your husband's phone is working correctly because that rules out an issue with the signal in your area. Do you happen to use a Network Extender in your home? Did this start after a software update by chance?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DCKathy

I took it to the Apple store and the sim card was working so they replaced the entire phone. It works well now. Thanks for your offer to help.

Oh, and no, I hadn't done any software updates.

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
CDAVA

Hi,  I'm having the same problem.  It started on Saturday (November 8).  I got service back for a couple of hours later on Saturday, and then I lost it again and haven't had it since.  Have you had any luck getting service back for the other two customers?

Thanks!

Cat

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CDAVA,

I am so sorry you are not able to receive service. Let's get to the bottom of this and get you back in action. What zipcode are you in? When you lost service did you device have any error messages, such as "not SIM detected"? Have you attempted to reset network setting http://vz.to/1qjiOs7 and/or remove and reinsert SIM http://vz.to/1tSz3wv ?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
CDAVA

Thank you.  Yes, I reset Network Settings a few times, took out the SIM card, turned it on and off, the same with Airport mode and cell service, etc.  Everything except resetting the whole device.

I received no error messages when I lost service.  But, when I tried to update the Apple software to iOS 8.1 I did get an error message and now I am trying that and it seems hung up ("verifying update").

I am in 22205.

Thank you!!

0 Likes
CDAVA

I should say that right now I'm hope so I am connected to WiFi.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your reply! I would suggest connecting the device through iTunes to complete the update as there may be an over the air corruption. Please keep me updated on the status of the network connection once software is updated.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes