My alarm clock is not working correctly since updating to iOS10. I can set it but it doesn't go off. I also have to shut the phone off to make the alarm icon go away at the top. Help! I need my alarm!
SEABEN12

My alarm clock isn't working since updating to iOS10. I can set it and everything looks good, but it doesn't go off. I also have to completely shut down the phone to make the icon at the top go away even when the alarm isn't set. Can you help?  I love all the other changes.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My alarm clock is not working correctly since updating to iOS10. I can set it but it doesn't go off. I also have to shut the phone off to make the alarm icon go away at the top. Help! I need my alarm!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would be lost without my phone alarm so I can understand how important this is to fix. How did you download the update? Was it over Wifi or iTunes?

NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: My alarm clock is not working correctly since updating to iOS10. I can set it but it doesn't go off. I also have to shut the phone off to make the alarm icon go away at the top. Help!  I need my alarm!
SEABEN12

I downloaded over Wifi.

0 Likes
Re: My alarm clock is not working correctly since updating to iOS10. I can set it but it doesn't go off. I also have to shut the phone off to make the alarm icon go away at the top. Help!  I need my alarm!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SEABEN12,

I certainly appreciate you confirming all of that. Our goal is to make sure that at all times you can use your phone just how you need it. What alarm app are you using on the device? What happens when your alarm is supposed to go off?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SEABEN12

I just received notification that my response to your email didn't go through. But, I use the alarm on the clock installed on the phone. What happens when the alarm is supposed to go off??  Nothing. The alarm is still set. The icon is still there, but nothing happens. I also had a second  update to 10.2 hoping that it would take care of the problem but it didn't. I still have to shut the phone off to make the icon go away and the alarm still doesn't work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SEABEN12,

I'm sorry to hear about the complications you're experiencing with the new iOS version. I can certainly understand how frustrating it would be if I could not use my alarm clock. We definitely want to ensure this gets fixed for you ASAP. The first thing I would try doing is pressing and holding both the Home button and Power/Sleep button until you get the blank screen with just the Apple icon. Then release both. Normally, this takes 10 seconds. After the phone restarts, please see if your alarm is working. If not, I would recommend backing up your phone's content and then restoring the iOS using the information here: http://apple.co/1IwUkFK This should resolve any iOS related issues.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes