My daughter lost her phone (5c), so I shut-off the service The phone was scree-locked, however someone found it, accessed her contact list and called her sister to request a finder';s fee. How was this possible?
bxpeters

Can the finder of a lost iPhone 5c remove a chip and insert it into another phone in order to access the contacts list, allowing them to contact the user's fr4iends & family for the purpose of requesting a finder's fee for the lost phone?

@

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My daughter lost her phone (5c), so I shut-off the service The phone was scree-locked, however someone found it, accessed her contact list and called her sister to request a finder';s fee. How was this possible?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi bxpeters - We certainly value the security of your account and the users! I can confirm that the iPhone does not allow contacts to be stored on the SIM card. It is possible the user had a computer program that allowed what is called a "jailbreak" to unlock the phone. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My daughter lost her phone (5c), so I shut-off the service The phone was scree-locked, however someone found it, accessed her contact list and called her sister to request a finder';s fee. How was this possible?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi bxpeters - We certainly value the security of your account and the users! I can confirm that the iPhone does not allow contacts to be stored on the SIM card. It is possible the user had a computer program that allowed what is called a "jailbreak" to unlock the phone. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes