My iPhone 6 running iOS 8.4.1 is saying no service
Brasilejustin
Enthusiast - Level 2

My iPhone 6 keeps saying no service and my brother who is on the same contract and has an iPhone 6 plus gets perfect connection in the same house!!!! Please help do I need a new SIM card? Or a new phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My iPhone 6 running iOS 8.4.1 is saying no service
Brasilejustin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok I factory reset and it fixed all the problems!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried resetting, resetting network settings, restoring (last resort)? Have you tried swapping SIM cards with the iPhone 6+ just to see if it works? If putting their sim in works with your phone then you immediately know it's a sim problem. If not, then you'll need to try some troubleshooting steps (or contact Verizon to have them troubleshoot with you). You could also try contacting Apple for support (recommended).

Brasilejustin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I reset my network settings now it says Searching... And my brother left so I can't use his SIM card!!!! And I don't want to factory reset my phone!!!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Honestly you may have to. Even after troubleshooting with Apple or Verizon you may be told to do so after trying other things. You can wait until your brother comes back or you can contact Apple or Verizon for further assistance to see what they can come up with.

Loquat
Master - Level 1

As long as you've backed up to iTunes or iCloud then performing a factory reset shouldn't cause to much heartache. 

Brasilejustin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok I factory reset and it fixed all the problems!!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Good. Glad you got it working.

Brasilejustin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks but now it's will now randomly say no service though and then connect back give me a status bar then go back to no service this wasn't happening yesterday though?!!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Have you contacted Apple or Verizon to troubleshoot?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get the service on your phone back up and running Brasilejustin. Did you recently make any changes to the device when you started experiencing service issues on your phone? Does this only happen when you are indoors with the phone or both indoors and outdoors? Have you tried removing/reinserting the SIM card on your phone? For directions on how to do this click, http://vz.to/1tO3dCT

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!