My iPhone Pro 12 makes unwanted calls on its own.
JHS1954
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is my third straight iPhone that calls my contacts on its own, usually voice only but sometimes by Facetime as well. (I never intentionally make Facetime calls.) I've learned through experience that unless I shut down and reboot my phone every time I initiate a call, the phone will call someone within minutes after I disconnect. It usually calls someone I just called or who I at least talked to recently, but not always. Having researched this problem many times, I believe I've turned off every function that could accidentally trigger a call, including Siri voice command. Nothing has helped. An Apple tech told me he thinks it could be a Verizon problem rather than a hardware issue. In any event, this is a maddening and often embarrassing issue. Can anyone help? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My iPhone Pro 12 makes unwanted calls on its own.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the additional details, JHS1954, as this is quite concerning. You mentioned you spoke with Apple. Did you talk to them over the phone, or did you take the phone to an Apple Store for a technician to do a hands-on evaluation? That would be my recommendation. Are you able to do so? 

You can call directly for an appointment at 800-275-2273, or online at https://www.apple.com/

I hope this helps!  -Vanessa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JHS1954, 

Thank you for reaching out. I understnad this would be frustrating for you. I can only imagine. This is a strange problem for sure. There is nothing on our netowrk that would be initiating these calls. There has to be something causing this on the phone. You mentioned this was the 3rd phone that does this. Can you tell me when this started? At that time, did you have any new apps or settings that changed? Were all these phones the same model?

-Jenelle

0 Likes
JHS1954
Enthusiast - Level 1

If I recall correctly, one was an iPhone 6 S, one was an iPhone SX, and now this 12 Pro. It probably started in 2014-2015, but this current phone presents the worst and most consistent occurrence of the problem. The onlchanges to any settings were to turn them off. For what it's worth, there is one difference between me and many other people and that is an app connecting my hearing aids to my phones via Bluetooth. But I can't see how that would matter.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the additional details, JHS1954, as this is quite concerning. You mentioned you spoke with Apple. Did you talk to them over the phone, or did you take the phone to an Apple Store for a technician to do a hands-on evaluation? That would be my recommendation. Are you able to do so? 

You can call directly for an appointment at 800-275-2273, or online at https://www.apple.com/

I hope this helps!  -Vanessa

0 Likes