My iphone 6 battery is draining since I updated to ios 11
BPEP35

I am getting very frustrated.  I live 50 miles away from the nearest verizon corporate store.  I have made two trips in the last couple of weeks.  My iphone 6 battery is draining rapidly under normal use.  I had no battery issues at all until I updated to ios 11.  I have downloaded all updates and still no solution.  The manager told me today just give it a few more days.  I was told this 30 days ago and nothing has changed.  Is anyone else having this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My iphone 6 battery is draining since I updated to ios 11
JTROT62
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had this same issue this weekend. Besides my battery draining within an hour or two of use, my phone began to go to the lock screen every minute or two, cutting me off of whatever app or activity I was doing. I had upgraded to OS 11 a couple of weeks ago, like you did, but on Dec. 2 or a day before - whatever - Apple put out an “extra update” to their 11, called 11.2.  This needed to be updated right away because certain phones were experiencing similar problems with the recent OS 11.  I ignored the notification when I got it, not realizing that it was very important.  Within days, I began having serious problems with my phone!  I went to my Verizon store for help, but they thought that I needed to have a Hard Restore done. Unfortunately, the battery drained within minutes of that procedure, and the “looping” problem started up, again.  They decided that I needed to have a replacement phone sent to me as my phone appeared to be having a “software” issue with the new update.

WRONG!  GO TO THE APPLE STORE, where they can fix your problem within minutes!  Seriously!  They are able to hook your phone up to their computers and do a proper reset and OS upgrade via iTunes; whereas, Verizon can’t do this so easily. Verizon relies on WiFi to do updates and/or resets, etc.; however, they actually need Apple computers in their store in order to do a seamless “fix” and restore via iTunes.

Verizon is now aware of this issue, but not all of the Verizon assistants are aware of it.  You could call Apple Support and someone might be able to talk you through the process of updating your OS to 11.2.  However, if you mess around trying to do a soft reset or a hard reset, yourself, BEFORE updating to 11.2, you may develop the other problems that many of us have experienced, other than just the battery drain. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BPEP35, we always want all our customers phones to work for them the way that they should be. We certainly want to help in any way we can. JTROT62 does bring up some great points.

However, have you looked into your phone to see what is using up most of your battery life? You can do this by going to Settings, then scroll down and tap Battery. There your phone will display where all your battery is being used at. Also, has your usage changed or any new apps installed?

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JTROT62
Enthusiast - Level 2

The first sign that I should have taken seriously was that my battery was draining at warp speed!  I had upgraded, as I said, but then the battery draining problem started.  Then, like a domino effect, I kept getting a black screen that kept saying “ZOOM ENABLED.”  ???  WHAT??  I went into my settings and turned off anything that I had set on Zoom - like in my Accessibility settings, etc. and disabled all ZOOM!  Still, I kept getting that message.  Then I went into my settings and tried to turn off anything that drained the battery, even though I didn’t quite understand why it started to happen after the upgrade.  Well, sometimes the upgrades turn certain settings back to some sort of new “default” process, I guess, as I noticed that my Roaming was on, when I do NOT have that on, etc.  Anyway, my problem got worse in one day as I began getting the black screen with the looping circle. It would constantly happen every minute.  So, if I wanted to send a text or do anything on my phone, I had to quickly do it in one minute or else I lost it when my phone screen shut off.  Ugh!  Well, that was because I neglected to pay careful attention to my Settings where my system said that I had to upgrade to 11.2.  ???  I thought it odd as I just upgraded.  I didn’t quite catch that this upgrade 11.2 was some extra update just added this past weekend as there were so many problems with the recent 11 upgrade.  If people caught it in time, and quickly did the up grade, they may not have run into the problems that I did.  However, I had been traveling for Thanksgiving, and I assumed that my phone upgraded automatically when I plugged it in one night and was connected to wifi.  Somehow, it never fully “took effect!”  I thought it had because I was directed to reenter my passcode as is the case whenever an upgrade happens - meaning my thumb print wasn’t going to work for that first screen unlock.  I remember that happened, so I had no idea what was going on.  The battery was just going crazy and so was my phone screen.  Now, since the Apple store was able to bypass my consent lock screen and drained battery and finish installing that 11.2 upgrade, my phone wasn’t “sick” anymore; however, I will say that it did take a few days this week before I could count on my phone to last a whole day.  So, it is true that the battery must be using up a lot of power as all of the other software programs “adjust” to the new upgrade.  I think that is the way to explain it???  I just know that even after going into my settings and reconfiguring them so that I had fewer things running in the background, the battery still took a few days to start retaining its power.  I do know that one of the worst drains on the battery is having my iMessages get too full.  Also, I think that turning off a lot of the notifications, helped some.  Still trying to monitor it, but it is getting better.

0 Likes