My phone died totally. Step 1 setting up new phone is start my old phone and back it up. Can't!!
khedian

So, trying to set up new phone. Step one "back up your defective phone" - says to go to vzw.com/content-transfer to find the backup option that's best for you. However, all of them require starting your old phone which is the very thing I can't do. Battery died permanently, it won't go on, that's why I had to GET a new phone. 

Then I'm supposed to factory reset my defective phone. Don't I need to be able to turn it on to do that? 

So should I just start with step 3? Putting in the SIM card from the old phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My phone died totally.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! We are here to help with alternate options on your old device. To better assist you,  tell us a little more. What model is your old device? Do you have access to a computer?

~Maria Elena

0 Likes
Re: My phone died totally. Step 1 setting up new phone is start my old phone and back it up. Can't!!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@khedian wrote:

So should I just start with step 3? Putting in the SIM card from the old phone?

Yes. Hopefully you can restore some of apps and other information from the backup done through your Apple ID account. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes