My phone's network is always "Extended 1x" at work.
spettybamsvz
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone's network is always "Extended 1x" when I'm at work. Inside or out. It's an iPhone SE. My work zip is 21740. Any ideas why i can't get LTE or 4G? I get LTE at home. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My phone's network is always "Extended 1x" at work.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Spettybamsvz, your service concerns are our concerns too! We've noted your reference to viewing the "Extended 1X" notification from your phone's screen when you're at work while inside and outside. We thank you for providing our team with the make/model of your phone (e.g. iPhone SE) and the zip code of your workplace location (21740). Ensuring that you're able to access Verizon's 4G LTE network service coverage is very important. I apologize for your inconvenience and rest assured we'll do everything we can to get this matter resolved for you. While our team is checking our network service coverage in and around the 21740 zip code area, let's work together to get to the bottom of this issue. When looking at the specific coverage of the zip code you've provided, your area is considered an extended coverage area for Verizon. What extended coverage means is that some of the coverage areas include networks run by other carriers. While there is extended coverage in the area, we do offer alternate options to help improve your service such as our free Wi-Fi Calling feature (Please note that Wi-Fi calling is only supported on the iPhone 6 or later). To view additional information about Wi-Fi Calling please visit our website at http://spr.ly/660119LsP. We'd certainly like you to enable this feature for your device. Please keep our team updated.  We also offer our Network Extender device, which works like having a miniature cell tower inside your home or office. You can view additional information about our Network Extender at http://spr.ly/660319LsR. Which option works best for you? - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
spettybamsvz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your response and I apologize for the delay in answering. 

As you noted,  Wi-Fi calling is not available to my iPhone 5. I don't think my company will allow me to plug a 4G LTE Network Extender into their network.

At any rate at this point I'm just going to live with it. I expect I will be switching to a different cell phone within the next few months, so hopefully I can take advantage of Wi-Fi calling at that point, if need be. 

Thanks again.

0 Likes
wadeowen307
Contributor - Level 1

The iPhone SE is compatible with Wi-Fi Calling. It is NOT an iPhone 5 series model, even though it looks like one. The iPhone SE is essentially a smaller version of the iPhone 6s. Here is the link on how to set up Wi-Fi Calling: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-204165/

0 Likes
wadeowen307
Contributor - Level 1

@wadeowen307 wrote:

The iPhone SE is compatible with Wi-Fi Calling. It is NOT an iPhone 5 series model, even though it looks like one. The iPhone SE is essentially a smaller version of the iPhone 6s. Here is the link on how to set up Wi-Fi Calling: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-204165/

Expanding on my previous reply, I can see why you confused an iPhone SE for an iPhone 5s. Sometimes, customer service reps make mistakes. Other times, they do not. They are humans, just like the rest of us.

0 Likes
spettybamsvz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you again. My phone actually is a 5s. Yes, it's that old. My company only issues phones that are several generations behind current, so when I got this one in 2016, well, that's what they had. 

0 Likes
wadeowen307
Contributor - Level 1

Oh, okay. That makes sense.