My teen would like to have an IPhone like mine. Should I just go to AT&T????
fauxrealgirl

No Data Plan Requiremen​t for Secondary Line iPhone 4S Upgrade on AT&T Premier?

I just read this interesting post from an AT&T customer...  Same phone... different network... $30/kid cheaper than Verizon Wireless.  What is up Verizon?  I thought I'd share!  I think that my contracts about to end permanently!  Look out Verizon.  I'm going to start browsing while I'm on a call soon!!!

I just upgraded my primary line of my familytalk plan to an iPhone 4S a few days ago with a mandatory monthly data plan through AT&T Premier. Today when I tried to look into upgrading another line to another iPhone 4S, there was no data requirements any more. I tried to check out the device step by step and I found out that I really can do it! (Stop right before agreeing the TERMS and hitting ORDER)
I was wondering if there is anyone can actually get an iPhone without a data plan? I know it doesn't make any sense to own a smartphone without a data plan. But I am just cuorious if the evil AT&T will add a data plan when I activating the device?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My teen would like to have an IPhone like mine. Should I just go to AT&T????
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

fauxrealgirl wrote:

No Data Plan Requiremen​t for Secondary Line iPhone 4S Upgrade on AT&T Premier?

... I was wondering if there is anyone can actually get an iPhone without a data plan? I know it doesn't make any sense to own a smartphone without a data plan. But I am just curious if AT&T will add a data plan when I activating the device?

I'd guess the data plan would be added at the time of activation - the Premier account is a corporate account so the rules may be different.  Call AT&T and ask?

0 Likes
Re: My teen would like to have an IPhone like mine. Should I just go to AT&T????
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

ATT has been known in the past to add a smartphone data plan to line if ATT discovers that you are using a smartphone on their network without a data plan or the incorrect data plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fauxreal, I understand that having multiple smartphones can certainly add up. I have both my nieces on my account and the youngest now wants a smartphone also. Because smartphones have so many features that require a data connection (email, web browsing, downloading applications, updating applications, etc), a data plan is needed. I can't speak for AT&T plans, but they require data plans on smartphones also. We have several different data plans available, for varying amounts of usage. We also have several basic phones that have touchscreens and access to applications and web without requiring a data package.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes