NFL Verizon app frozen on iPhone for playoffs 2016
Lorenst
Enthusiast - Level 1

NFL app frozen for playoffs. One of the reasons I went Verizon was the playoffs live on Verizon phones but mine froze on the weekend and no one can fix it. Reinstalling etc made no difference. Any solutions? iOS 9.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: NFL Verizon app frozen on iPhone for playoffs 2016
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

There is a new update available. Might help those of you with issues. App has been fine for me so I can't confirm anything but hopefully it works for you all.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Keeping the game going when so much is on the line is important. and the playoffs sure are intense. How much memory is available in your device? When is the last time you did a backup and update on your phone? Do you have apps or photos that you do not use that can be deleted? Did you contact NFL mobile at all?
CheriS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Lorenst
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought this iPhone 128GB version in Dec. have 60GB free and since its new have not erased and restored it. Running 9.2.1. AppStore has hundreds of people with the same complaint for the new version of NFL mobile app for Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great device, and plenty of storage to boot for sure. Are all your other services and connections working correctly? We want to make sure you stay in touch with the game. How long has this been happening?
CheriS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I'm not sure why this issue is affecting some people. Initially it seemed like most people having trouble had older iPhones (iPhone 4 for example) that could not update their iOS past iOS 7 but if you just bought your device I can only assume you have either an iPhone 6/6 plus or a 6s/6s Plus with 128 gb. I haven't had any issues with the app and I have an iPhone 6s Plus with the most recent NFL Network app update. I watched part of the Panthers game last night via the app because I was out and didn't want to miss anything. I have not updated my iOS to 9.2.1 yet (I always wait awhile before updating iOS to make sure there aren't any nasty bugs reported) so I'm not sure if maybe there is an issue with the latest App update and the latest iOS update. Have you contacted the app developer to let them know there is an issue? Reset and if absolutely necessary restore your device after making sure to get a current backup of it may help, but if it doesn't you definitely need to contact the app developer.

0 Likes
Lorenst
Enthusiast - Level 1

The problem started with the playoffs. I've contacted the support site for the NFL, but they say the problem is with me and don't have any solutions except reinstall. Which I've done. All my other apps connect fine. I use the NBA app daily to watch NBA games and my MLB app allows me to view baseball games(last years of course). Just the NFL is frozen solid can't even listen to the games. I have 6S Plus, if that makes a difference.

0 Likes
Lorenst
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for replying. Very happy to hear that someone is enjoying the service. Really disappointed I missed the Broncos game. I've cut the cord and relied on this app until the playoffs to see the local games. I'll do a reset but no other video app, including MLB and NBA apps have any issues at all.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I also have the 6s Plus so that alone isn't the issue since it works fine for me. Again I wonder if perhaps it's more of an issue with it playing well with the latest iOS update. As I already mentioned, I did not update to it yet and the app works fine for me. I noticed you apparently did upgrade to it (unless I misread that) so perhaps it's an issue with the app and iOS 9.2.1. If so then there won't be anything that can be done until an upgrade to the app comes along. Otherwise your options are to try resetting and restoring your device to see if that helps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lorenst, I am sad to hear that you missed it, and want you to be able to depend on your app in the future. It doesn't sound like it is your phone, but actually the NFL Mobile app itself. Did you do the Premium subscription on your device for the games? What did you have happen whe you tried to use the app to watch the game?  Have you contacted the support for NFL mobile in the play store?
CheriS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lorenst, hello there, we were chatting the other day and want to get you ready for the big game coming up. Lets take a look at a few things I found since then. Is your location turned on in your device? What is the current version you are running on your device? It should be 11.1.2 or later. Have you cleared the cache for the app?
CheriS_VZW

0 Likes