Need assistance for keeping unlimited please...
realdeal2414

So if I give upgrade to my father in which he has a flip phone and buy the I5 under his account and when I receive the phone..what exactly do I need to do in order to keep my unlimited data? Do I transfer that phone to my number and then activate it? Will that keep me on unlimited data? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Need assistance for keeping unlimited please...
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

There are several threads on here about this, but the simple answer is yes, if you use someone elses upgrade to purchase the iPhone 5 and  then have it activated on your line you can keep your unlimited data. They will have an extended contract for 2 years and will not be able to get another device for themselves without paying full retail until they become eligible for another upgrade in 20 months. You will not be able to ever upgrade to a new device at subsidized pricing (at least that is what currently is the case) on your line without losing your unlimited data. So, if your father ends up needing a phone before he is eligible again then you will have put him in the position of where he will have to pay full retail for a device or find some other means of replacing his device.

0 Likes