New Customer - Very disappointed
harrisonm

i ordered two new lines of service with an iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.  I'm already of to a horrible start with Verizon. Why is it that I must wait until 10/31 for my order to arrive when now I can just go into my local Apple Store and buy the phones? I was told that in order to take advantage of the trade offer I have to wait. Why does Verizon care where I buy the new phone? I'm very close to just canceling this and sticking with AT&T.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Customer - Very disappointed
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

They care because this is a VZW promotion, not an Apple one. If the promotion isn't as important to you as getting your phones now you could opt to cancel your order and go get your phones as Apple like you said. If you choose to switch to AT&T I'm not sure if you would get the same trade in promotion but you can check to see what they have going on.

0 Likes
harrisonm

Sorry but that's just BS. They're getting a new subscriber and the phone trade in. They only thing theymwouldnt get is the purchase price of the phone. if they know they can't meet the demand they need to be a standup company and allow customers to take advantage of the offer and start their service asap. the promotion is the only reason I'm considering Verizon. Without that I have no real incentive to switch. Which is the purpose of the promotion.

Please don't drink their koolaid and make excuses for them.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You have to wait because Verizon has to get more phones form Apple. Of course Apple stores are going to be well stocked. Apple will make sure of that. If At&t was so great why did you leave in the first place. All these people want to buy the most popular phone as soon as it comes out and they still don't get why there is a shortage. And this has happened EVERY YEAR and they still don't get it. Why do people think they need the newest model immediately?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Then go with another company. The promotion was a Verizon promotion. That's not drinking their "Kool-aid". That's knowing that a promotion belonging to a company goes by their rules. Common sense. You could always sell your device yourself or get whatever trade in credit any other carrier will give you.

0 Likes