New Line for iPhone 5
ntexcellence

I have an existing VZW line that has an iPhone 4S attached to it. This morning, I was trying to change my plan to the share everything plan, add a new line and attach a subsidized iPhone 5 to the plan. It seems though that when trying to add a device and selecting the iPhone 5 the website assumes that I'm creating a new share everything plan. It does not allow me to add in my original line. However, if I select add a device and choose any other phone the website clearly shows that I'm adding a second line that will be shared with my original phone.

Has anyone else been able to preorder the iPhone 5 and add that as a second line to a share everything plan?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Line for iPhone 5
heyitsmejosh
Contributor - Level 2

i did an individual plan and it came up as if i was signing up for a new phone..but i just did it anyway and then called Verizon they said not to worry about it you can call them and adjust your plan once you get the phone the pan doesn't go into affect until you activate the phone.

0 Likes
saber87ffo

@ heyitsmejosh

So you're saying that I can get an iPhone 5 at $199 if I create a new individual plan and just activate it under my old number??

Cause I tried to preorder it and selected that I'm an returning customer and it told me that I'm not eligible for an upgrade so I figured I can't get an iPhone 5 right now.

So I could just create a new number and just go to Verizon and have them change my old contract which is not eligible for an upgrade until next year to the new iPhone 5 contract??

0 Likes
heyitsmejosh
Contributor - Level 2

when you go to preorder there is an option to add a new line if you buy it under that then yet you can

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

saber87ffo wrote:

So I could just create a new number and just go to Verizon and have them change my old contract which is not eligible for an upgrade until next year to the new iPhone 5 contract??

No, you cannot do that.

0 Likes