No Verizon service after IOS 8.3 update
Smillp

I have an iPhone 6. After updating to IOS 8.3, my phone shows No Service or empty circles. I can't make or receive calls. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No Verizon service after IOS 8.3 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Smillp,

Help has arrived! It's important to us that you stay connected when you need us most. What zip code are you located in? Did this issue begin immediately after the update? Are multiple users affected? Have you attempted to reset the network settings on the device?

EfrainM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Smillp

No one else in my family has Verizon service, so only I am having the problem.

I have not reset the network settings. How would i do that?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Settings/General

scroll to bottom - Reset

Reset  Network Settings

You will not erase anything on the phone, but you will need to re-enter your wifi passwords and reconnect any bluetooth devices, so make sure you know the passwords for wifi before you do this.

0 Likes
Smillp

I Reset the network settings and I am still unable to make or receive calls.

0 Likes
natestage3gt

I'm having the same issues with my phone.  I don't get it.  I have to travel in the morning also for work so this needs fixed ASAP!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I see several similar issues at the Apple Support forum, like this one:

I just performed the iOS 8.3 update this morning on my iPhone 6 before work and it appeared to install fine while I was still in WiFi range. Now that I'm out of WiFi range the top left corner of the screen just says, "Searching..."

I've tried:

-turning it off and back on

-holding down the power button and circular button at the same time until it restarts

-toggling the data on and off in settings

-turning on airplane mode for 30+ seconds and then turning airplane mode off

-using an implement to pop the SIM card out and back in while the phone is on, off, etc.

Nothing is working and I am reluctant to do a factory reset. This same thing happened when I did the 8.2 update, but taking out the SIM fixed the issue that time.

No such luck today.

Any advice?

Having same issue since upgrade (??) to 8.3.

Since 8.3 update of my iphone 6 I can not get carrier service. Just says "searching".

The sim works in my old iphone 5.

Have done numerous restores, Network resets, Reset all settings.

Spoke to someone at Apple helpdesk & they believe that it is a hardware issue.

Funny how it was working fine before the update.

There is no real solution there either. I would make an appointment with one of the Apple Store geniuses, if you have an Apple Store close by.

0 Likes
natestage3gt

Boy that stinks.. I'm heading to Las Vegas in the morning.. Verizon or Apple gotta do something for me

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Agree, at least Vegas has a great Apple Store. I hope they make you whole!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

This is why I wait a few weeks minimum before updating any software. Just to see what bugs come out and then I am able to decide if waiting it out longer is in my best interest. Thinking that I won't be upgrading to this one just yet.

0 Likes