No WiFi and Bluetooth never stops searching
RoWi

Yep.  My 4s has NEVER had good connectivity when all others in the household work fine.  Signal is strong but it just flitters in and out of connection search mode.  The bluetooth connectivity  would never sync properly and stay connected to my Ford Escape either. I never talk on the phone while driving so never pursued messing with it.   I just bought a new Toyota and it won't stay connected to the Entune system in it making the hands free / voice functionality useless in this car BUT it also prevents accessing the navigation on screen functionality on the display screen a problem since it requires the phone internet connection to work.  This is a problem!  Plenty of online research turns up that this is a common problem on the 4s.  My phone displays all symptoms of the bluetooth firmware being corrupt.  Obviously was this way from day one and I didn't realize it.  My bad.  I've had it for just over a year and this week a Verizon rep informed me it is not fixable and my only choice is to upgrade.  Seems the software corruption actually affects the hardware functionality over time.  I believe it...my phone is possessed with unexplainable quirks...right down to voicemail and text messages not even showing up for days later.  Drag.  Thinking I'm just going to switch with another family member because all of the other devices in our home also quickly pair with the new car with no problems and I'm not into paying $ for a possible new lemon.   

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: No WiFi and Bluetooth never stops searching
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@RoWi,

I definitely don't want to see you go! Being able to connect to the internet on your phone is a must and so is being able to connect to the bluetooth in your car. Safety is absolutely a must!

Are you having issues with internet connectivity only inside your home and car? Are you unable to connect at all or is the issue random?

In regards to the bluetooth connection on your car, have you ever been able to connect? Have you contacted the car manufacturer for assistance with the bluetooth connection? I have a Toyota as well and have not had any issue connecting to bluetooth.

Try resetting the Network Settings http://vz.to/15q7AmP and retest. Keep me posted.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: No WiFi and Bluetooth never stops searching
ScotlandLover

I'm having the same problem. When I was able to turn on wifi I reset the network settings and it helped for a day or two. Now wifi is completely greyed out so I can't even turn it on. I've also done a soft reset too. This problem started happening after the iOS 7.0.2 update. Any other suggestions?

0 Likes