No international roaming in Europe?
mtbuilder

I have just arrived in Scotland and my phone has no service!  I contacted customer support last week in preparation for my trip. I was told the function was enabled and went through the *228 and option 2 like I was told.  My phone has been rebooted a couple times now.  Incidentally, I checked my service while in the airport at Amsterdam as well with the same result.  "No Service".  The coverage map shows that I should have 3G voice and data available.  What the heck?!  What can I do now to fix the situation?  Am I stuck with a paperweight for two weeks now until I get back home?  Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No international roaming in Europe?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Based on another thread you might need to contact VZW to make sure the request was properly handled. Seems that some didn't have the situation handled correctly (credit approval wasn't completed for example) so you might need to call from a different phone and make sure they did what was needed to get things right.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Based on another thread you might need to contact VZW to make sure the request was properly handled. Seems that some didn't have the situation handled correctly (credit approval wasn't completed for example) so you might need to call from a different phone and make sure they did what was needed to get things right.

0 Likes
mtbuilder

You're right.  I was able to contact Verizon support and they were able to use some information off of my phone and correct whatever wasn't set up right the first time. 

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Glad you were able to get things working. Enjoy your trip!

0 Likes