No sounds coming from the phone! No ringing when calls come in, no notification sounds, can't hear videos, all I can hear is when I talk to someone on the phone and I can't use the speaker for that. Help! Even local Verizon store says they don't know what
Vonmarc

No sounds coming from the phone!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No sounds coming from the phone! No ringing when calls come in, no notification sounds, can't hear videos, all I can hear is when I talk to someone on the phone and I can't use the speaker for that. Help! Even local Verizon store says they don't know
KathyH_VZW
Verizon Employee

This is odd, Vonmarc. Have you checked the volume switch on the left side of your phone? If the switch shows orange, that means that the volume has been muted. If it shows silver, you should be able to hear sounds. Additionally, if you look at your status bar, do you see a moon icon? If so, this indicates your Do Not Disturb settings are on. You can disable this by going to Settings>Do Not Disturb.

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: No sounds coming from the phone! No ringing when calls come in, no notification sounds, can't hear videos, all I can hear is when I talk to someone on the phone and I can't use the speaker for that. Help! Even local Verizon store says they don't know
KathyH_VZW
Verizon Employee

This is odd, Vonmarc. Have you checked the volume switch on the left side of your phone? If the switch shows orange, that means that the volume has been muted. If it shows silver, you should be able to hear sounds. Additionally, if you look at your status bar, do you see a moon icon? If so, this indicates your Do Not Disturb settings are on. You can disable this by going to Settings>Do Not Disturb.

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
klaviernista

Check to make sure you do not have the "do not disturb setting" on.  From the home screen, swipe up with one finger to bring up the control center.  There is a little crescent moon icon at the top right.  That is the symbol for the do not disturb setting.  Make sure it is toggled off.  '

Good luck!

0 Likes