Not Receiving Text Messages
spaceg0s

I've been having trouble receiving texts on my iPhone; sometimes they are never received, sometimes they are delayed for hours, sometimes they are received normally, sometimes they are received only after sending a text message (sending the message results in a several seconds wait). Sometimes I don't get anything but then if I call 611 and listen to the Verizon generic message I will get flooded with text messages. I've done a hard reset, I've done a restore, I've update my iOS to 6.01. I've done a soft reset I've called Verizon.  Verizon hasn't been able to help. I've been sent 3 phones. My mother and brother have the exact same phone and live in the same house and they have no problems. It does not matter if iMessage is turned on or off. This happens with all contacts, Verizon contacts, Non Verizon contacts, iPhone users, Non iPhone users. I can send text messages without a problem. Verizon has opened service tickets and have looked into the area and cannot seem to find anything. I've gone so far as to buy a Texting app from the app store and have had my friends text me there, which is ridiculous that they have to send me a message to a different number. That was working until the other day when the app stopped working and I do not trust that now.

Labels (1)
0 Likes