Not able to receive text messages on 4s
portenth

Sometime yesterday morning I quit receiving any text messages. I tried disabling imessage on all my devices. i tried re-enabling imessage on the phone and waiting. It keeps saying awaiting activation.  I'm not sure why that would affect ALL text messages though.

I have completely reset the phone to factory settings. Still no luck. I can send but I cannot receive anything. I look on my account and see all the messages I sent, but none of the ones others sent to me. I dont know if it is my phone, or something messed up on Verizon's end. Nothing at all is coming through.

I can use Sype, AIM, email, phone calls, etc both incoming and outgoing. I just cant text.   I' not sure where to go next.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Not able to receive text messages on 4s
portenth

Now iMessage is activated and working fine. I just cannot receive any other text messages.

0 Likes
buttrcup79
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can not get my iMessage to activate and I have trying since last night. I have tried everything and I am still not able to receive messages even though I have deleted ALL of my message from the phone. THIS IS VERY ANNOYING.

0 Likes
DeidreB

I am having the same problem. It started on the 27th when I arrived in San Francisco. Nothing I have done helps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello portenth, Let's get those messages flowing again! Is this affecting all messages even with non-iPhone users? I would be more than happy to review the account and network settings so that we can work towards a solution! I have started following you, please follow me back and send a Direct Message with your account information. I look forward to getting this resolved!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
peppa

I too am Not able to receive text messages on 4s.  Can you fix mine too???

0 Likes
AnnGlow

I also am having trouble with my texts and it started happening April 26 when I was in San Francisco. The odd thing is I can get and send texts to some (both iPhone and Android) and not others. My messages say "delivered" even though the recipient did not receive them

0 Likes
Alienta

Wow! it looks like this problem is pretty wide spread.  I have not been able to send and receive almost all text messages. I haven't added any new apps, or made any other changes in the past week. My problems started on April 28.  I have tried powering off, putting it in airplane mode and resetting to network settings.  Nothing seems to work.  One or two messages have come through each day, but I am receiving messages on my iPad and there have been many, many missed messages on my phone.  HELP!

0 Likes