Not opening/loading Mail in my Yahoo Inbox & kept saying password was wrong
labellacv

Last week whenever I went to my "Mail" icon on my iPhone5, it would say that my password was wrong & that it was unable to access my mail.  I had the options to click on "settings" or "ok".  When I clicked on "settings" I was prompted to enter my password & it was accepted & I was able to view mail.  I have no idea why this kept happening as I have never had this issue & I haven't changed my password in months.

Today my Yahoo inbox is NOT refreshing when I click on the "Mail" icon. I logged on to yahoo via safari to see if there was an issue w/Yahoo itself, but it is fine. I have a ton of new emails from today. I went back to the "Mail" icon & attempted to refresh, but nothing.  I turned the phone off & then back on, but it was still the same.  So i "deleted" my Yahoo acct & then after a few minutes I added the acct back.     This did nothing & only made it worse. Now it is showing NONE of my msgs in my Yahoo inbox or ANY of the folders.  It just keeps saying "Load more messages" & then has a list of the # of messages. It is the same message no matter which mail folder I go to.   I was forced to download the Yahoo Mail App.

Anyone else having this issue?? How can this be fixed?? As much as I paid for this stupid phone & &as much as VZN charges us for service, I shouldn't be dealing with this crap!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not opening/loading Mail in my Yahoo Inbox & kept saying password was wrong
Not applicable

The stock email application on not only the iphone but the droids as well is crap.

Go to the apple store and search for YMail (what Yahoo calls themselves now) install it as a stand alone app and the enter your user name and password to access your account. However you must set up your folders sync and sounds etc. in the apps settings.

Unlike the native email on the phone your incoming and outgoing mail servers are set up for you. It works much better than what you had before. I use it on my droids all the time.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having access to your email is very important to keeping up with business, work, friends and family  labellacv. I know this is frustrating to deal with. Thank you for trying those trouble-shooting steps. Let's check your server settings. Listed below are steps to access the server settings. I want you to ensure your server has "pop.mail.yahoo. com" listed.

From the home screen, select Settings.

•Select Mail, Contacts Calendars.

•From the Accounts section, select the email account.

• Ensure the desired sync options are set to On.

• From Archive Messages, drag the switch left or right to enable / disable. On Auto Archive of messages enabled Off Auto Archive of messages disabled

• Select the Account.

• Verify the account information.
  • Name
  • Address
  • Password
  • Description

• If available, verify the incoming mail server information.
  • Host Name (incoming server)
  • Username
  • Password

• Select SMTP.

• Verify the SMTP outgoing server settings then select Account.
  • Primary Server
  • Other SMTP servers

• Select Advanced.

• Verify the mailbox behaviors.
  • Drafts mailbox
  • Sent mailbox
  • Deleted mailbox
  • Deleted messages

• Verify the Incoming settings.
Select Authentication for additional incoming settings (i.e. username, password, etc.). Available authentication settings will vary, depending upon the email provider.
  • SSL
  • Authentication
  • Path Prefix
  • Server Port

If you continue to have issues, try a reset via iTunes. Ensure all your information is backed up. Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_Vzw
0 Likes
labellacv

This did not help me at all. I do not have the "archive messages" option.  Also, the rest of this made no sense. Why do I have to go through this when I did NOTHING to cause my emails to stop loading.

Please give me NEW instructions. Again, there is no ARCHIVE MESSAGES option.  

Also, STMP already has Yahoo; I don't have AUTHENTICATION option to check that.  I have an IPHONE 5.  Please send me the correct procedures for an IPHONE5.

Why am I paying for service again?? Please remind me?? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Labellacv,

Emails are a very important part of our daily routines. I know how important it is to have your account working properly at all times. Let's get this fixed. Try the following setup, please make sure to enter all usernames & password correctly or you could receive an error as well. Depending on the yahoo account your username could be your full email address, please follow the instructions below first, if you receive an error please enter your full email address as the username. Keep me posted.

1. Go to Settings
2. Then select "Mails, Contacts,and Calenders"
3. Add account
4. Select "Other" and select "Add Mail Account"
5. add this
To set up Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) on your mobile device, please use the following settings:
Incoming Server -
Host Name: imap.mail.yahoo.com
User name: (what comes BEFORE '@yahoo.com')
Password: (Your email password)

Outgoing Server -
Host Name: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
User Name: (what comes BEFORE '@yahoo.com')
Password: (Your email password)

Thanks,
PamelaF_vzw
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
deb2210

I have a droid and a similar problem has been happening for about a week.  I get an email from vzwnet saying something about email can't be sent due to password problem.  Then my phone stops receiving AOL email.  Every day for the past 10 days, I've had to uninstall AOL email then reinstall it.  When I do, I get an email from Verizon saying "good news! your email has is now set up".  Everything will be fine for a while - I'll get all my email.  Then eventuallly I get an email from vzwnet saying my account can't be accessed.  Getting very frustrated

0 Likes
Not applicable

Download the stand alone app from the Google Play Store. Hopefully its still there.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello deb2210. Email is a super important way to communicate in the wireless world, especially while on the go! We want to ensure that you are as productive as you can be. May I ask have you considered the option that Elector suggested? Also, just for clarification, is this a work email or personal email? Another option is to check the server settings on your email to ensure that they are correct. If you need help verifying then please reply with the server name, port number, and your username. This way we can cross reference this info with what we have on file.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes