Not receiving SMS texts from Instagram to reset my password
annie6
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a Verizon customer for many years. I got a new iPhone at Apple last week.
Unfortunately, I got locked out of Instagram and cannot receive their two factor authentification text messages with verification code at my cell phone number. I have been trying all day long. 
My text messaging is otherwise working fine.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Not receiving SMS texts from Instagram to reset my password
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to read that you are having issues with receiving the authentication text on Instagram, and we are here to help, annie6. Are you able to receive picture messages? 

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
dawnbebe
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon,

I am having the same problem that Annie is having.  I changed my password on Instagram & I have 2-factor authentication, so they sent me an SMS text to verify the password change.  The last 4-digits of the phone number is my correct number.  I haven't had any problem receiving 2-factor verification SMS texts from anyone else before.  I have requested the code resent several times on both my phone & my computer.

I just sent myself a picture via text, so yes, I can receive a picture message.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dawnbebe, I'm so sorry to hear that you are having trouble receiving the messages to complete two-factor authentication. We are here to help resolve this. When did you begin having trouble? Are you getting any kind of error to indicate that the messages are not coming through, or are you simply not receiving them? 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
LjDickerson
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having this issue. I got a new phone and I'm not receiving messages from Facebook or instagram

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is definitely strange. What type of phone do you have? Do you have the Messenger app downloaded, for Facebook? MichelleH_VZW

owengilgun
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this same problem. I have tried multiple times to receive th code, but I am not receiving the tex. Is there any way you could help?

shanmere
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, i also am having the same problem described in this thread. The notification says "link sent to [my number]" but i am not getting any text. Instagrams help center is of no use

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that your messages are working correctly, could you tell us if you are having issues receiving any other messages?

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes
j4nelson
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, it is not working for me either. When do you expect to resolve this?